1. This forum is in read-only mode.

KH Birth By Sleep Mirage Arena freezing after matches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xalfrea, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

It seems lately when I finish matches in Mirage Arena, it freezes randomly. Thing is, it didn't happen before. They seem to be happening much more frequently. Like for example after every 3rd arena match I do.

I'm worried because the final Mirage Arena match, Keepers of the Arena, is all I have left to do, and what if I complete it, but the PSP freezes and shuts off again?

Anyone know why this is suddenly happening?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What PSP are you using, what firmware, are you using an ISO or CSO image?

3. Xalfrea

Lmao, I'm not too sure. I just borrowed my friends PSP, and I've been playing steadily without checking on firmware and whatnot. Unlike the DS, my knowledge of the PSP's inner workings is practically zero.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, you need to find that info to get helped correctly. PSP model is found in the part number near the serial code, it will be PSP1XXX or PSP2XXX or 3XXX, etc. Firmware is found under system settings, it will tell you the firmware.

Freezing can be caused by Compressed ISOs (CSO) because it has to be decompressed while running, which takes longer and can cause freezing. If you are using a .CSO file, decompress it using a program like UMDGen.

5. Xalfrea

Thanks for telling me what to do. OK's let's see...

PSP 1004

5.50 GEN-D3

How can I tell if it's a decompressed ISO?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Or if you feel UMDGen is a bit complicated, you can try using PSP ISO Compressor, just convert the .cso back to .iso.
    Like Tirith said, compressing the ISO(.cso, .dax, .jso) can cause the game to lag, or freeze, although it does save some spaces on your Memory Stick.

Check the extension(.iso, .cso) of the game in ISO folder.