1. This forum is in read-only mode.

KH 358 Days sounds just AWFUL! How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, May 4, 2010.

1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm trying to play KH 358/2 Days on the DSMUME emulator, because the patch I tried for the NO$GBA doesn't work, and it doesn't work on that without a patch. I downloaded the US version and right now am in the process of downloading the European version, just in case there's a problem with the actual game and not the emulator. I tried adjusting the sound settings on the emulator, but can't seem to figure it out. Anyway, the problem is this...

The sound's just awful. The sound skips and has a lot of popping, is kind of slow and also overlaps or whatever it's called when you hear it repeating on top of the other sound or backing up and trying again. It also sounds very robotic, and at first it's not very noticeable, until it gets to where the individual characters are having a conversation, and it still sounds kind of robotic! The screen also blinks a little bit too. It's just...just awful. Is there a specific setting that I have to use?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you're using the latest version, then you'll have to try to get it to work on NO$GBA. Have you read this thread? http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=23731.0

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Use no$gba and get the full package from here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tmrvozm0gm
    Works fine with the clean KH 358/2 Days rom.

And it has better sound too, you can use the no$zoomer to reduce the crackling noise.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

No$Zoomer has "Noise Suppression" in the Other category, if you'd like to take a whack at that. If I have to emulate something, and the sound is like you describe it, I use the noise suppression option and it cleans things up. Not all of the sound problems, but most of them anyway. It makes the sound somewhat bearable. The skipping, though, is related to the frame skip and what settings you have....

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Just use a default settings, if you make some changes to the frame limit, it can affect the sound as well.