1. This forum is in read-only mode.

kh 358/2 days us version vs jap one

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by kenpachikun, Sep 27, 2009.

1. kenpachikun

kenpachikun Member

hi there
    is there any difference between the us version and the jap one(excluding language)????

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Possibly.
    At least one enemy that reportedly had it's hitpoints lowered (Other game discussion forums). So it seems that some balancing may have been done.

But, the save files seem to be compatible between the two, so that will work.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Please be that goddamned Dust Flyer in Day 353.

4. TirithRR

I heard it was Zip Flasher (sp?) on the first optional missions you get. Day 15 or 16.

He had 8 hit point bars when I fought him (easy, but long fight). I heard he has 12 bars in the Japanese version.

5. Endlessocean

Endlessocean New Member

How do you get the files to become compatible

6. TirithRR

Just rename the Japanese save file to the same name as the USA rom.

7. Suiseiseki

Actually, I just finished the English release and a lot of the endgame bosses seem to have far lower health. I'll check Standard and Proud modes in each to confirm this.

8. kenpachikun

kenpachikun Member

so it means that i tore myself trying to kill those monsters which seemed to be nearly imortal in the jap version :S:S
    there is one which i could not beat. on the day when you had to kill several majors and the final one(optional one) was just sick to kill.your whole life bar empty itself like nothing.(i was told to put fire resistance rings but since i do not understand jap i didnt know which ones it were) well i think i will know now with the us verion lol

9. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I just hope that one boss in the halloween town will be easier to fight.

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Why do the japanese have to make it easier for American gamers? I wan more of a challenge!

11. Suiseiseki

I think that one still has the same amount of health. It's fucking criminal. I only just killed it yesterday on Proud.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, the enemy somehow have much less HP than the Japanese version.
    Maybe it's supposed to balance things out.
    And yet, it is less challenging

13. Suiseiseki

It's because KH fangirls are so BAD at games.

I had no problems with the Japanese release, even on Proud. It was challenging, but not overly so.

14. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

It kinda makes me sad how this is the only Kingdom Hearts that I have played for more than 5 minutes... but now that I have played this one some, I might try out the PS2 versions again, and possibly Birth By Sleep when it comes out