1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kawaks for DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Telliath, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telliath

Telliath Member

Is there such a thing? I'd like to be able to play games such as Marvel VS. Capcom, or Megaman 2: The Power Fighters on my DS. Is there an emulator?

I've heard of the MarcaDS emulator, but that's for MAME which is something else I think.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you go to my "Emulators for DS" thread in the Trading Station, you might find what you're looking for.
    MarcaDS is a Arcade Emulator. There's this Kawaks except it's for the PC. http://en.utilidades-utiles.com/download-kawaks.html

3. Telliath

Telliath Member

I have that one already. The difference between the two is that (as far as I know), MarcaDS, which is a source port I believe of MAME which can only play the old school arcade games. I'm looking for a newer version which can play more up-to-date games such as gauntlet legends or marvel vs. capcom.

If it doens't exist yet, would you mind sending me helping me on figuring out a way to make my own?

4. anandjones

Make your own what exactly? If you wanted to make a new version, you would probably need the source code.

5. Telliath

Telliath Member

My own KawaksDS since it doesn't exist. I want to be able to play the games I mentioned above on my DS. Not old school arcade games like pacman and galaga.

Would you be able to help me out? I could give you my email in a PM if you would like.

6. anandjones

Probably not, I'm not experienced in any programming language, you know what you would have to do right for a working KawaksDS? Port the PC version's source code to Arm7 and Arm9 libraries using Devkitpro and Palib.

There is a Neogeo emulator called NeoDS. http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/neods-neo-geo-aes-mvs-emulator-for-nintendo-ds-108952.html

7. Telliath

Telliath Member

Wow. I'm really new at the programming / coding side of homebrew. I was more of the guy sitting in the shadows, downloading and keeping up-to-date on the newest stuff.

Would you be able to supply me with links? I'm quite useless at this point.
    Thanks.

PS: Double thanks, you've been really helpful so far.

8. anandjones

I recommend you can use the NeoDS emulator I posted above. If you really wanted to, you would have to get lots of experience in C and C++. www.devkitpro.org/ the main libraries and building software
    www.palib.info/ makes it easier. It takes months and years for emulators to be developed. Don't waste your time, there wouldn't be any point developing one now.

9. Telliath

Telliath Member

I have to admit, the neoDS does look nice, but doesn't have any of the roms I was looking for unfortunately. Metal Slug might be nice, but it's no marvel vs. capcom.

Thanks alot though. :) If you find anything else, tell me.

PS: I get a freezing problem on TWEWY, I reformatted my card and even defragmented, unfortunately, still doesn't work. Oh well, going to wait for the new supercard firmware and buy a new SDHD card :)

MEGA EDIT: I'm confused! Does neoDS run MAME roms? Or does MAME run neogeo roms? Because that makes a HUGE difference and if it's the first case, then you've found what I was looking for, and then neoDS CAN run marvel vs. capcom!

10. anandjones

NeoDS runs Neogeo and only Neogeo Roms.

11. Telliath

Telliath Member

So that means that MAME runs neogeo roms?

12. anandjones

Yes it can.

13. Fancypants

Fancypants New Member

BUMPing super old thread because I want it :)

14. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You want what, Kawaks for DS? Had you read the thread, you'd have found out that it doesn't exist.

15. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Why exactly did you do this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.