1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kamen Rider Kiva Review

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by forte_amirul, Aug 11, 2009.

1. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Since tuna made his review,it's about time for me to show mine.

This is a start for me to review for Kamen Rider series.Hope you're looking forward to it.:)

A few short term I used,
    KR : Kamen Rider

Usually,for those who never heard about KR,I don't blame you for not knowing about it.Basically,it's aired only in Asia.

"Wake Up!Break the chains of destiny." Ueika appu!Sadame no kusari o tokihanate

Kamen Rider Kiva
    [​IMG]
    Kamen Rider Kiva is based on horror theme and with the motive look like a vampire.

It's been a while since I watched KR.I was just googling KR since it brings back memory.And thanks to Blade,he gave me hope to watch it back from the scratch.Most people though that KR are just a cheap action series that was made for kids,however,to kids,KR are their idol.They like KR,adore KR,a hero that saves the day.

Summary
    KR Kiva itself is based on a horror theme and the motive of the Rider itself is a vampire (King of VAmpire).From the beginning of the story,the viewers will have a few question,
    - How did Wataru acquire the power to henshin?
    - Why it's divided into 2008 and 1986?
    - Who is the monsters in the castle?
    - Who is Kivatto Bat II?
    - How did the Fangire come?

Yes,the point here is that viewer themselves have no idea from the start about the story.However,a good series need a good story.Later on the episodes,many questions are answered.

Storyline
    Set in two storyline,the story of KR Kiva is full of mystery.Even from the start,the viewer himself have been revealed who is the KR itself.As I said,the story itself happens in two different time,in 2008,where Kurenai Wataru,a young man who destined from his birth to become KR Kiva,and to fight a life-draining monsters known as Fangire that have bring fear to humanity for the past 22 years.Fangire,the very race his father fought years ago before his dissapearance.However,Wataru isn't alone.He must also deal with KR Ixa who is a human KR part of an organization called The Wonderful Aozora Organization who seek destruction to the Fangire menace,as well as the Fangire's own Rider,KR Saga.In the hand,Kurenai Otoya,a man with his passion towards music,slowly fighting against Fangire with The Wonderful Aozora Organization.Simultaneously,the story of Wataru's father,Kurenai Otoya,is told.With the time set in 1986, 22 years ago before his dissapearance,Otoya's story will reveal the origin of Kiva, and how Wataru's destiny came to be.

[​IMG]
    KR Kiva ready in action!
    Sound Effects e.t.c
    Ah,must I say,an action series must have good story,a good script and a good sound effects.It's what made an action series popular.A cheap sound effects doesn't bring anywhere the series.However,KR Kiva is not an exception.
    [​IMG]
    Kurenai Otoya and Kurenai Wataru,each story has it's own link.
    Character
    -Divided into two,2008 side and 1986 side.
    2008 Side
    Kurenai Wataru/KR Kiva
    A young man with a pure heart.He is a shy man who never lies,living in a mansion left by his father,continuing his father's legacy of a dream making the ultimate violin.However,Wataru can't avoid his fate to become KR Kiva as his mother's is Maya,the Ex-Queen of Fangire.Alongwith Kivat,he battles the Fangires,while learning his true nature.

Nago Keisuke/KR Ixa v.X
    A man with the ideal of justice.Working with The wonderful Aozora organization as a Fangire Hunters.Using Ixa sytem,he transform into KR Ixa.He is also a pretty badass man,a bounty hunter,capturing criminals and taking a button as a memento.However,what makes him a badass man?A Rider's job is to keep the world's balance and the bad guy away but Nago,with his justice,have a grudge against KR Kiva as his ideology of "humanity's full potential" is against.

Aso Megumi
    The daughter of Aso Yuri,she's a model.Like mother and daughter,she's also a Fangire Hunter.Megumi also intend to finish her mother's unfnished affair with the Fangire,The Rook.

Nobori Taiga/KR Saga/KR Dark Kiva
    Taiga is Maya's first born child,which means he is Wataru brother.Fathered by Checkmate's Four King,the original King and the current King of Fangire.He met Wataru since their childhood and became a good friend.As a King,he prevents the progress of humanity if it would pose a threat to Fangire.To accomplish it,Taiga has his own Rider form,KR Saga,aided by Sagarc.He would gain later the power of KR Dark Kiva as the story goes deeper.

1986 Side
    Kurenai Otoya/KR Ixa v.1
    wataru's father,he dissapeared 22 years before 2008 which means in 1986.With his idealogy "All humans are music",he battles Fangire to protect that music.Otoya,is a professional musician,is a ladies man.By accident,he interrupted Yuri while she's battling Fangire and is eventually brought into the organization.He is also the first one to use the Ixa system v.1.

Aso Yuri
    Megumi's mother.She's referring Fangire as "God's mistake" as it was the Checkmates Four Fangire Rook who killed her mom (the designer of Ixa system).She met Otoya by accident,and drag him into the organization to make him quiet.

Maya
    The Ex-Queen of Checkmate's Four Queen.Mother to Taiga and Wataru.The duty of a Queen is to eliminate Fangire who loved human.However,herself fell in love with Otoya.Due to this,her Fangire power were taken and she was exiled.

Note : In characters,I just wrote the importants one ONLY

Overall
    KR Kiva is an action series that made the fans amazed by it's story.It's a good start to watch KR as well as a way to understand Sentai's world.However,the failure of this series are,if you started watching the series in the middle like episode 21,you'll have no idea of what's going on.It's better if one start from episode 1.However,KR Kiva is not only an action series,it's a mixture of each person's stories that made it alive.KR Kiva also is a comedy series.Pretty much to laugh.

Extra ( Nothing to do with the review,just a spoiler)
    Read at your own caution!Contain spoiler.
    • At the end of the series,guess who married who?
    • Wataru's son look alike like his father.
    • Wataru's son too can transform.
    • I though the Fangire already defeated but in 22 years after Wataru,Neo Fangire come.
    • Wataru has possessed a unique violin called the Bloody Rose,it was created by Otoya and Maya as the "ultimate violin", later rumored to be a product of Otoya selling his soul to the devil himself, which is not entirely false, in a sense.
    Storyline : 9/10 - Yup,it's base on me.Well entertain to me.
    Sound Effects and e.t.c. : 7/10 - It's a kid series after all.
    Characters : 8/10 - Well made.Each person have it's own story if you watch it.
    Overall : 6/10 - A mixture of various stories.Well made and the stories itself is balancing.

So,this is the end of my review.Any suggestions and comments can help me build up.This is the start of my Sentai series (not Hentai)review.:)

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Good review.
    My suggestion..
    - Picture : make sure it is centered..(are you using 'space'?)
    - Text : make sure to Center and Arrange some of the text. Increase the text size also help. Use the B/Bold option on certain text, Some of it makes the review pretty confusing.. :)
    - Put more pictures about the series, I mean battle, story pic..

Yeah, we know it..don't worry.. :p
    you can improve more.. ;)

3. forte_amirul

Worry not.I'm currently editing the review.Wait for it's modification.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

blood sucking kamen rider? intresting.......

5. forte_amirul

Removed the big picture.Such a nuisance.I can't find a medium size one.

6. meganova

Yes you can.
    just adjust the advance option to medium

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Seems to me like you're just explaining the series, rather than explaining why you think it's good.

8. forte_amirul

Yeah,I'm not quite good at writing.

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Yes I felt something like that too, more like a character describing and summary than a review
    the review part was mostly at the end, where you rate the stuff, and it seems like there are some spoilers in there right?

you should elaborate more on the last part, where you start your overall section

but I'm still new at this, so I'm not the best one to listen to >_<

10. meganova

It seems your picture more...to the right...