1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just watch Prometheus today (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jun 21, 2012.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well its a good sci-fi film with aliens but the movie is really screaming to be a prequel to alien, so is that an official prequel or just parody/homage to alien?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its a prequel as far as I know.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

its a prequel. and a bad one. it tries to explain certain things from the alien universe but doesnt do such a good job. im a huge fan of the alien universe and thought this movie was not worth being a prequel. although it kinda explains where xenomorphs come from

4. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It's more of a precursor to Alien than a direct prequel. It was originally intended to be a prequel but Scott decided to allow it to head in another direction and explore it's own themes. This is why all the Alien fanboys, who happen to be the worst outside of Star Wars, are all butthurt.

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

It was enjoyable, but forgettable.

6. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's not necessarily a prequel to alien, I'm pretty sure the director established that quite some time ago. They said it was originally supposed to be a prequel, but then they decided to go with something a bit more original. I think the people going in there with the mindset that it's a prequel are kind of ruining it for themselves, the movie was really good on its own, but the scenes relating to alien are more like small bonuses than something telling the origin of the aliens or whatever.
    But really, I haven't actually seen any of the alien movies (I am about to though) so from my opinion it was really good, but it seems like it's disappointing to long time fans

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This is SO true, as always.

When I saw it I thought "wait things aren't adding up" but then I realised...its on a completely different planet to the first alien movie (I forgot the names but they are totally different, google them and you'll see) thus while it carries the aliens dna it is it's own movie...

And I bloody loved it, screw the haters, I'm open to good movies, this was my movie of the year, personally.

8. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

I personally loved this movie <3 I watched it 3times in theaters lol. And also prety much everything masterDS said :3