1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just ordered a CycloDS Evo Black.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Deep865, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Deep865

Deep865 Member

Hey guys,

I was looking at a few threads on this site bout Flash Carts, and found that most of the guys/girls here are using CycloDS, so I decided to get one.

Just wondering how the setup and compatibility is. Does it support all/most US games? And the Minimal MicroSD card it uses is 512mb yah? Anyone have any problems from it? o.o

~Blaze

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I have yet to find a single game it doesn't work with. Wouldn't know about a minimum size for a flash cart though, don't think so, but I use a 4GB SDHC card and it works great.

3. Deep865

Deep865 Member

Nice, I'm bout to buy a 1Gb MicroSD card from Newegg, like 8USD, free shipping.. =D

One more thing, Do you gotta do anything to the roms you DL from RomUlation? Just copy and paste ya?

Thanks for the fast reply.

~Blaze

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just extract them so you get the .nds file, and yeah, just paste it in your MicroSD :) Make sure to use Sandisk and Kingston MicroSDs, as CycloDS has been known to not work that great with low speed MicroSDs. There are some games that Cyclo don't support, but they're usually the ones that you have never heard of, and they're constantly updating, so it's the best choice :) I want to get a Cyclo, someone should buy me one.

5. Deep865

Deep865 Member

Ha, nice, I have two extra 1gb Sandisks, so they should work nicely =D

Thanks so much, this is my first Cart, so I had No idea where to start >.< [facepalm]

~Blaze

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I have a 1 GB Transcend microSD and it works well.

As far as the slow SD cards, I'm also using a Duracell 1 GB microSD and it hasn't failed me yet. (I got it for the two adapters since I need the mini one for my Treo750)

A lot of people with R4s are having problems with the speed issue. I haven't seen anyone with a Cyclo having that problem.

7. Deep865

Deep865 Member

Haha, sweet, thats good news for me, since I think my Sandisks are umm fake xD, black market stuff ftl =(

~Blaze

8. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

i ordered a white. i hope there's not a difference...

also i hope the 2 japan games i got in english work for it...

just have to wait for the mail...

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Lately, there have been some problems with the memory cards, Sandisk and Kingston are reliable brands, although there are other.

And indeed, the CycloDS is, if not the best, one of the best flashcards around. There is yet to come a game which CycloDS won't play. So yeah, you made a nice choice. :)

10. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Only difference between the white and black is the color of the plastic. Same hardware in it. I just got mine yesterday and it's great! No issues playing anything I've thrown at it so far. Just make sure you get the latest firmware and have your card formatted.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There's a few games that didn't work with Cyclo, I'm sure they're fixed now jin. There's no difference in the colour of the shell, same like R4, although I have a black one.

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The Cyclo has a much better firmware support.

No need for firmware date countdowns. :p