1. This forum is in read-only mode.

just joined this site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tfj, Sep 15, 2008.

1. tfj

tfj New Member

a few minutes ago and i am wondering if this site is good with downloads?
    whats the plus of this site and whats the downside of this site?

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

well im kinda new too but this site has almost all the ds roms that are out and everyoen here is very nice and helpful

3. tfj

tfj New Member

thanks because i wanted to download the platinum pokemon game from here and i was wondering will it give my computer a virus or something

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

nope all the games are virus free ive downloaded plently

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

RomUlation does not have viruses on games, unless you get a link from Reider or something. This site is very good, the points feature is very smart.

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Also, dont forget about the community. Most people here are helpful should you have a question though there may be some douchebags who enjoy flaming, though you should just ignore them

7. Skambu

Skambu Well-Known Member

This site has a great community, so if you need help, just post around.

Also, I haven't got a virus once. =D

We sometimes even get games early! =O

8. I don't know anand, reider isn't so bad, I'd say winter is the greater evil :p
    This site has ZERO viruses, I've never gotten one anyways, but they don't permit user uploaded roms on the downloads section, so anything there is almost guaranteed to have no viruses, however...careful when looking at the rom requests section O.O
    but you'll rarely need to go there, this site has everything :p

9. ultra

ultra Guest

don't just ask for help. you can talk about other things you know.

it's like when you go to a bar. you don't simply go and drink. there is a community in a bar but you don't just go in and as ask someone where to get rare [imported] beers or how to properly drink a bottle of beer. no, you chit chat with the local members of the bar, make friends, develop some thoughts here and there, get informed, etc...

also, don't be intimidated to post your thought on something. if you want to say something then say it other wise you lose the opportunity.

as a side note, this site does have better members then other sites. if you look at the debate forums, there are lewd behaviors but not something you find on xbox live or where people start becoming very aggressive. lewd but in a modest way.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'd call those people "people with an opinion" most of the times. It's a huge community so naturally people will come from different cultures and have different beliefs, and naturally we have room for most everyone (don't start spewing shit about racism or similar because there are limits of course. :)

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Just dn't click on links by Reider...then you'll be safe -.-

12. what's the deal with reider's sinister reputation?

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Nah, Reider's a cool guy, just don't push the wrong buttons with him or you'll get it :D

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I was just kidding about Reider.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

You guys make it sound like I'd be linking people to bad things. I only link to good things like horsies and candy and maybe even the occasional Canadian joke site(hai Winter).

In all seriousness though, just don't be a cunt and I won't have to embarass you in front of our live internet audience. :p

16. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

welcome to RomUlation.. and this site has great ROM downloads, better than anywhere else! RomUlation has the latest NDS roms, etc.
    lol reider

17. akutesting

akutesting New Member

Dahh.. i lost my points.. and my download doesn't start..

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you lost your points then your download started, at least we started sending data.

19. If you "buy" a download on here with points, don't you get to download it "free" for the next 24 hours?

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member