1. This forum is in read-only mode.

just joined how to download??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by carol123, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carol123

carol123 Member

Hi guys, just joined here to download some DS games, but having no luck. Im in UK so ive been selecting EU downloads, but when I click to download a game whatever should appear in the next page doesnt, it just times out

Any advice?

Thank u loads! Carol x

2. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Maybe try the NA link to download. Sometimes I do that when the connection is slow. And yes you can download either NA or EU games from either NA/EU link.

3. carol123

carol123 Member

ahhh okay done that, but now its asking for a programme to download it with? Should I have downloaded a programme or something to view the file?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

save it when it asks, then download winrar (www.rarlabs.com) and install it. If you need any further help check the winrar tutorial in the tutorials section, or post back.

5. carol123

carol123 Member

okay ive done that ouufff this is hard! :)

Ive pressed extract now but it comes up with 2 msgs with warnings \(ie not worked) reason 1 file corrupt reason 2 unexpected end of archive?

what does this mean?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it means the download failed. you need to delete the file you downloaded and try again. If you are using wireless try to use a cable instead, its less convenient but it results in a more stable connection with less chance of corruption.

7. carol123

carol123 Member

woohoo i downloaded sucessfuly. Only prob now the game is in Dutch I think, cant understand it, is there anyway to change the language setting? Thank you so much I really appreciate this help
    Post Merge: [time]1245860624[/time]
    just like to say thank you ive sucessfuly installed a few now thanks to all your help

8. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

If its in a different language you downloaded the wrong version

the most common ones are
    (U)= US
    (E)= Europe
    (J)= Japan

there are some other one though
    (D)= probably dutch which is what might have downloaded
    (K)= Korea i believe
    (F)= France

and so on....

so next time you want a rom make sure you get the U or E version because those are always in English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.