1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just got pcsx 9.60 (latest version) need help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I was hoping this would be the same as epsxe in terms of use...it's not, and the config. is playing up!

I configured it and it always ask "pcsx needs to be configured"

It also goes (after fixing the cd rom plugin, everytime) " could not load GS Plugin "plugins" <NULL>

(which means it's forgeting the settings I put in as I fix it after telling it where to go-how do I fix this it's in program files and I am using vista)

And also...where the hell do I get memory card files for this thing-I don't have a ps2 nor do I have the technical knowhow to convert the cards!

I also can't test it atm-waiting for iso to load...but can somone explain what plugins (and where) for these functions (if they aren't with this thing already)?

-to load straight iso files
    -to load from a cd/dvd/blue ray drive (it's an all in one you see :) )
    -and just incase-something to save my configuration so I DON'T HAVE TO REDO IT ALL THE TIME!

May have more qustions...once armoured core is done :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The memory card files are automatically created in a memory card folder in the PCSX2 folder, just like ePSXe.

The first time you go to save a game it will say:
    "Formatting Memory Card"
    "Checking Memory Card"

Then it loads up and you save like normal.

Configuration should automatically save, mine does. (I use PCSX2 0.9.6) Where did you download the program? You should get it from the PCSX2 website, it contains everything needed except the PS2 Bios (Copyrighted material). Also make sure your plugin configuration is pointing to the folder that has all your Plugins.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the "installation" file from the site, it gave me the folders, but no memory card data, and it keeps forgetting my settings (ie I tell it where the plugin folder is and it forgets every time)

Should I reinstall or did I miss something?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I firgured out the NULL message, I forgot you had to load the file from where all the other files, like epsxe XD

But I get another problem-the program cuts out -I don't have any iso's but I went to it anyways, to see if that ps2 menu come up...prgram shuts down.

On the log it mentions the obvios...no iso detected (or rom as it says) so how can I test this thing-I'm not too sure if it would even work on my laptop, but it played a demo of halo pc well...But I still need to do a test and ps2 iso are BIG and my download speed is down to...6kb a second :(

I just reinstalled in-no memory card files-what was the packaged you installed, I think mine is the installation file, yes from the oficial site...

What do I do?
    In epsxe the memory card files were already there, not this time...

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they probably don't exist until you actually try to save a game.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...just 2 questions remain...

1.Is the prgram cutting out normal when you lack a disk/iso cause I'm still waiting on my crap internet

2.Any small test files just to see if this thing works-I need to put it through it's paces and since this thing won't take psx games I need to test it-prehaps it will still run if it actually has a game to try.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...anyone?

8. Loonylion

you will need a PS2 bios file.

9. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I am having the same problems and am on a Vista as well. Can and how does one load an iso file or does one have to burn it first?

10. Loonylion

emulators can usually load .iso files natively. Other types may need a virtual CD drive.

11. Jiminy Crickets

OK, I'll try to mount it. Thanks.

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I always load the ISO to a virtual drive with Daemon Tools when running PCSX2, mainly because when I first started using it I could not find any "Open ISO" options, just a "Run CD/DVD" option that pointed towards a configured drive.

It works just fine with Daemon Tools though.

13. Jiminy Crickets

Well I burnt a game for now and it loads and all but I'm still getting the messages like mds64 had. I just keep clicking OK and it eventually loads but then I get a message that says failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\ Mcd001.ps2

14. Jiminy Crickets

I figured it out. You must run the program as an administrator when using vista and all those problems disappear.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I got the rid of the messages ages ago, I just had to run the program where all the other stuff are located...

Infact I got a game that is compatible-yeah a real ps2 game-sonic mega collection plus!

AND GET THIS-NO MEMORY CARD DATA!

...It's meant to be with the rest of the files when it installs, like epsxe, but after 3 reinstalls and even after playing a psx2 game it still fails...

And I would like to avoid using save states-can anyone just copy a memory card for me-as long as no viruses are attached, it's all good-just one so I can copy it and stuff...

Unless you guys have any suggestions-I still lack memory card data. (yep-checked the folders-empty-and yet the folders are highlighted blue for some reason...)

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...never mind, I worked it out, looneylion was right-they only came up when you start a game (which explains why the memory card folders were blue even though they were empty) and I turned them off at he confige screen form some reason (probably sick of the no memory card error lol).

Now I got them-I didn't have to tick administer becase I am the only account-as admin XD

Well everything works now-thx to my brand new copy of sonic (can't test a car without an engine eh?) now I have a new play thing...thanks to those who helped!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.