1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just got my acecard 2i should I just plug and play?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by BelfastGuy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

Im an idiot at these kind of things and even the sticky looks complicated! Basicly I have a dsi with firmware 1.4e and an unformated sd card and the acecard2i. It says on the box that it can plug and play but would rather setup properly if anyone can tell me in a few easy steps what I should do :)

-Edit- im not intersetd in mp3 or skins or emulators, just the games!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Go here to read what you need to know : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0

3. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

Do I need the first firmmware or the second thats for 3ds? i have a dsi running 1.4E

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the first firmware (or loader) is for playing the roms. the second firmware is for the card to work on dsi 1.4 and 3DS so make sure your card works first on the dsi. or else you will need a dslite to make the second firmware update

5. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

So try the first firmware and loader?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the first firmware is called loader. but yeah, try to see if you can run it on the dsi. if you cant. that means you will need to update the other firmware. and for that one you will require a dslite or a dsi which is not updated

7. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

Downlaoded the first loader and formatted the sd card in fat32 and extracted the __aio folder and the akmenu4.ds to the root, put the sd card into the acecard and into ds and booted, then there was a chronicles of narnia icon so I clicked it and when I click in it says 'the skin adv.evor can't be found adv.evor couldnt be found either please delete globalsettins.ini and restore adv.evor theme' I put one game into a folder called GAMES, Does it sound like I need a dslite?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, you don't have the firmware installed properly.

9. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

What do I need to do? I tried the card on the original DS phat and it just went to the black screen with the same error message.
    Post Merge: [time]1332359294[/time]
    THink I have solved it, I added the text files too, changelog etc, and i realised the fone was creating files on the card, I was puting the sd card into fone then into pc, so I added the text files deleted the fone files and whipped the card out and into the acecard, all seems to be fine now, very strange!

10. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

The Acekard should come with an mSD-to-USB thingy, I recommend using that instead of anything else.
    But yeah, well done on installing your firmware, if you need anything else feel free to ask.

11. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

Yea thanks to all :) is it safe to go online with these cards?

12. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Yeah, it's completely safe.