1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just For Some Of You Who Don't Know

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by branraf, Aug 17, 2008.

1. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

I expect any of you may know but there is actually a way to play the games on your DS. You don't have to be stuck with the emulators for the rest of your life. I notice some users here and there comment on "how it's impossible to get it on the DS without buying it". Well there is, I'm not sure what the region changes are but for people who live in the UK you can buy something called an R4DS chip. These are the same size as the DS chip and are unbelievably brilliant. For people in the US i think they use the M3 chip but I'm not sure what the differences are.

Anyway back to subject you can download games to this chip which save the games onto a micro SD card. These R4 chips are usually about £25 with a 2GB micro SD card. (I think that translates to about $45). one place to buy these chips from are mainly the internet but also computer fares, for example clickshop.com sells them. And i advise this week those of you who don't have one buy it because they are on a "deal of the week" at clickshop.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Flashcarts work on all region DSes. Quite obvious, but thanks anyway.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Not just R4's and M3's there are many different types. R4's are also in America too. Also, watch out for fake R4's because they are out there and can brick your DS. Nice of you to tell people about this though :)