1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just finished Softmodding my Wii. Need some closure/help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kakaim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kakaim

kakaim Well-Known Member

I finally got to modding my wii thanks to the guide that Xenirina Provided me:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96886-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

I was Going to do the Usb HDD method to play my Isos and needed some questions answered.

1. All those extra channels you get near the end of soft modding, What are the purpose of them?

2.The first game i want to download is Metroid Prime Trilogy but i read that Any games higher the 4 gigs must be "Split"?

3a.If i were to just format my HDD and install MPT^ would i be able to play it?

3b.What channel would i use to play isos from now on?

Would following this guide work If 3a doesnt work?
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96770-guide-fat32.html

Thanks for the information and being patience with me

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

First time ever i hear that you need to split an .iso, i am playing Xenoblade Chornicles that is about 7-8 gigs.

Second you will want to make split your EHDD, use easus partition manager to make an NTFS or FAT 32 paritition so windows can always recognize your EHDD, otherwise you wont be able to use it at all.

Third yes, you could use WBFS manager to copy the .iso file to your WBFS partition on your EHDD, make sure also the WBFS partition is the primary one.

Fourth, Uloader is my personal recomendation, i have tested some random loaders and they dont do uloader's job.

3. west13

west13 Well-Known Member

for Metroid: Other M not the one you want this one you have to open rom with tool and patch it to play second half i did it forgot were i put tool and file if you want that game look for ridley freeze fix

4. kakaim

kakaim Well-Known Member

Already played the actual game so dont worry about it

Post Merge: [time]1356019420[/time]
    Duncan can you give me a little more info on Uloader?

5. Duncan Idaho

Uloader was the first, if not among the first USB loaders, it's simple enough to use, you plug your EHDD and uloader should pick the partition post haste and display what games you have on the WBFS partition, afterwards it's a matter of clicking the game you want to load, it also uses the CIOS 222, so i'd recomend pimp my wii so you can update all the CIOS in one go.

http://wii.scenebeta.com/noticia/uloader ----> more info on uloader

6. kakaim

kakaim Well-Known Member

I need help installing it and the link you provided I dont understand the language its in
    Post Merge: [time]1356117240[/time]
    The only thing thats working is pimp my wii but im not really sure how to use it

Post Merge: [time]1356120553[/time]
    Do you have Skype duncan so you can walk me through this?

7. Duncan Idaho

anyway, installing it is easy enough, uncompress the file, you should have a folder, check if there is a folder within the folder, if there is, then copy the folder to your micro SD apps folder, if not the copy the folder to apps folder on your micro SD.

8. kakaim

kakaim Well-Known Member

Wow I just had a big Derp moment :) ill contact you if i have through skype about games tomorrow cuz thats all have left to do

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this "splitting" business. Either you use a Dual layer DVD+R or you slap the whole image file onto the external HDD with WBFS manager.

10. Duncan Idaho

I can vouch for what insane said, i dumped my own triology game onto the EHDD and it loaded (after setting it under CIOS 223)

11. west13

west13 Well-Known Member

i have no worries i have whole collection of games and all work fine