1. This forum is in read-only mode.

just curious to know

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by txt.aholic, Aug 18, 2008.

1. txt.aholic

txt.aholic Active Member

can you play the ds roms on the sd memory part for the wii? thank you in advance :)

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

No, Isn't the SD memory of the Wii smaller than the flash card? Besides how can the Wii play DS games?

3. txt.aholic

txt.aholic Active Member

as i said i was just curious as i dont have a wii. but cheers anyway :)

4. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Yeah... DS and Wii are different technology, and the whole touch screen thing. Although if someone were to make an emulator i guess you could use those nun chucks to point and click at the spot you want in the touch screen area.

And the DS uses.. basically an SD sized card to fit into its game slot. But flash carts dont hold the game info, its the MicroSD cards that slip inside them that do... not sure which the Wii takes, SD or MicroSD.

But at the moment, It is not possible.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Wii takes SD cards, however microSD cards in an SD adaptor will probably work.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes MicroSDs in a SD slot will work, they work fine, but that's just the data reading that is fine, playing DS games won't work. DS uses flashchips or carts designed for the DS, not SD sized.

7. bobjane_00

bobjane_00 New Member

hi i am just wondering what emulator you use because there are a number of ds games that refuse to work for me

8. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Emulators still have minimal support. Check out various Wiki's to see what support each one offers. Your best bet is to get a flash cart to play your games. If you have an NDS Lite DealExtreme has a package where you get the EZFlash V+, EZFlash 3in1 Expansion and a One GB MicroSD card. I would drop you the link but it seems like the website is down at the moment. I have an EZFlash and it's great, supposedly 99% ROM capability, I've had not a single issue.