1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just An Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by artyte, Dec 6, 2009.

1. artyte

artyte New Member

1st: I've noticed that the search list is limited and wished that it was a complete list. For instance, if i searched for 'Pokemon', it doesn't grant me the complete list of Pokemon related roms (and strikes out some), and I have to input a more specific name in order to find the rom that I want. If this problem is related to the server which is, at the moment, trying to be solved, then ignore this suggestion.

2nd: The rules pertaining to off-topic comments might have been overlooked. What is the purpose of having the rating function for a rom and only allowing comments to be related to rating the game? I suggest that the rules for the comments shouldn't be too strict. I recently typed one comment which rated the game and also said 'for the patched version google it'. I thought it was fine but it got deleted by the admins. That was going overboard. The comments should be allowed to tell about the game's performance, and a brief description about its competence towards applications such as an emulator.

I do hope that it would aid in your consideration, romulation.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.You have a point...couldn't see the original gb versions.

2.This was already discussed, it makes it easier for the majority.

I suggested a report button but that got turned down if memory serves correctly...too much strain or something.

Any who, the rules make it easy for people like me to get an idea of what the game is like from comments.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

In games where multiple and repeated game comment violations are happening, other comments sometimes get caught up in the purging.
    When having to click Delete 100 times in a row, sometimes comments that aren't as bad get caught in the cross fire.

Easiest solution is to not talk about how to get it to work at all, less likely to get your comment deleted. I know when I go on a comment purge, I scan for key words like "it works on" or "doesn't work" or "patching". I might not read the entire comment, but can you really blame me when I'm deleting 30-50 comments that are violating the rules?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have an idea...

What if we disable comments-it would make it easier on you guys.

People need to read reviews more often.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Comments are about the game, the forum is for technical support.