1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just a couple of Questions about cheats

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by saikkussu, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saikkussu

saikkussu Well-Known Member

I had a cheat for the ROM Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales and the source that I got the cheat from said that you need an actual Action Replay DS Cartridge for it to work- I tried it out anyways and lo and behold it didn't work.

So, what is the difference between the cheat software on the R4 and the software on the Action Replay DS?

Shouldn't the codes be able to work on both in the same way?

Because so far I've encountered some cheats that either work or don't and usually the codes that don't just need a little tweaking.

Well from what I can tell the cheat doesn't need tweaking but maybe this time my cheat software does? I don't know.

Or should I wait for better cheats? (which will probably never happen because this game is older/ not as popular)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is any difference. The R4, and most other flashcarts, support Action Replay cheating. The codes in the cheat database found at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ are action replay codes.

Some work better than others, and if your card cannot find cheats for the games you are playing, refer to the common issues topic.

3. saikkussu

saikkussu Well-Known Member

oKay here's how it DIDN'T work:

using cheat code editor- I entered the cheat 'have all cards' with the code like normal
    after everything was saved I Booted up my R4 and the cheat showed up
    I enabled it and selected it and it saved, again, like normal.
    But AFTER when the game was booted- It was like the cheat was never there

Is this the issue that is covered by common issues? nonetheless I will take a look at it but if there is anything that can be done to make this cheat work please tell me >3<

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Did the cheat work before you saved and quit? It might be a cheat that has to always be on. Or it might just be a bad cheat (one that doesn't work). I don't know details behind cheating (I never use cheats myself, except for the occasional anti-piracy bypass cheat). Did the cheat database have that type of cheat already in it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.