1. This forum is in read-only mode.

John Hopkins student kills Thief in self-defense with a samurai sword

Discussion in 'General News' started by Hypr, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Source

I definitely applaud the student for taking down the thief that was trying to steal personal property belonging to him and his colleagues from their house. In fact, given that he and his colleagues caught the burglar in their own home, there was almost no time to call police as that would just give the burglar some time to run away with their stolen property.

What that student did was purely out of necessity for two things: one, personal property was compromised, in which getting it back is no doubt imperative, and two, it was self-defense as the burglar was about to attack the student.

Investigating "criminal charges" against the student is bullshit given the circumstances that the crime was being committed against him and his colleagues, and he simply did the right thing to make sure that thief didn't get away with their personal belongings. Whether the student had the intent to harm or kill the thief is absolutely irrelevant.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

We need that right here in Australia-many people get mugged and when they stand up for themselves they cop the blame!
    (no vigelanty justice allowed-no guns or tazers-just a crappy alarm is allowed as self defence :( )

I tip my hat to the students-especially the one with the sword...

Only question is-where'd he get the sword-and was it sharpened to kill or oremental?

In that case-while it's BS-the police could lay charges by law sadly.

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Wow,the student with the sword sure was brave.
    While he did kill,I don't think he should be criminally charged at all....

4. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

There are places that sell swords here in United States.

And it doesn't matter whether the swords are ornamental as ornamental swords are kept sharp as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.