1. This forum is in read-only mode.

JK Rowling denied medal by Bush because Harry Potter 'encouraged witchcraft'

Discussion in 'General News' started by AcroneSF, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

2. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

WHAT?

She has been written the novels and I don't think the novels are encourage the witchcraft,
    It's just about 'magic'..
    Why there are people thinkin that way =="

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I guess too many overly religious people complained.

I'm no fan-but she is worthy-for heaven's sake!

4. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Yes she did really good novels, she become one of the 10 or 15 richest people in this world :(
    And why people think that way if she become too imaginative?
    Most of her novels are about Fantasy, Tales, etc..
    That's a positive thing for me

5. err

err Well-Known Member

People are just jealous because she's creative enough to write something that sells a lot. She is pretty talented and I hope she writes more, but that's just me.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I highly doubt this.

The people who oppose the book are the ones who oppose gay marriage. They're extreme narrow thinking is what prevented, not some kind of jealousy. And lol.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, he's right.

The whole thing starts with people, like other authors, who are angry that a book made for kids gets so popular. So they spread these ideas, like it promoting witchcraft, to the people who they know will grab onto the idea, like the Religious Right, who are easily stirred up with the simplest of sticks.

People use the religious right this way, all the time. Hell, the church uses them to keep itself in power.

8. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Actually she's nowhere near one of the 10 or 15 richest people in this world.
    She's one of the richest celebrities for sure, with an $800 million fortune.
    However Forbes lists 793 billionaires this year, and you can imagine how many more people
    fall between $800 million and 1 billion, so no....she's not one of the 10 or 15 richest
    (I'm sure she crys herself to sleep every night for that fact)

There's also a Mexican drug lord, responsible for thousands of deaths, on the list.
    Whoever said crime doesn't pay.... ::)

9. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

christianity isn't alone in breaking its own commandments. Virtually all major religions have at some point

11. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

well magic/spells are which craft and its not out of jealousy its out of religion.the crusades are not a good example, they took it apoun there self's to kill in the name of God whch im sure God did not want them to do.(and it was made by catholic's who allready had a messup version of Christianity). and you should not base a whole religion on individual persons actions they dont act for the whole religion.

12. Loonylion

Wrong witch. a 'witch' has a pointy hat, 'which' is a question. Magic is more generally regarded as fairy tales/storybook material these days anyway, so that doesn't change the fact they were making idiots of themselves.

13. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Isn't that taking it too far?
    A bit of a low-blow =/

14. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

Well how i am supposed to trust a organization that contradicts it own rules,the religion is fine as long people don't get too fanatical about it.The funny thing about fanatics is that they think they are saint foillowing their religion and bad says whoever is not,while their own religion says "Thou shalt not judge" and guess what they are doing?

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Bush is a bible thumper and he just wanted to make himself look good by striking against the "Devil Possessed Woman" as the rest of the thumpers call her. Its f*king stupid if you ask me its just a story and nothing else, Bush needs his balls kicked in for encouraging being a hypocrite like the rest of them....I'm shutting up now before I get something started.

16. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I'm laughing so hard.
    Welcome to democracy.

17. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

Just a fun fact,did you know that Brazil is a democracy whit obligatory voting?You have to either come up whit a good excuse and inform it days earlier or pay a fine if you don't vote.The difference about a church and a government is that i can chose if i will give my money to it,in the government case i don't.
    Another fun fact about Brazil is that not only we have some absurd taxes as well a minimum wage of R$505(USD$290).While a deputy salary here is R$50000 about USD$28753,so the best choice you can make here is to either become a politician or move to another country.
    Danger Sarcasm->A real nice place to live in,right?^^ <-Danger Sarcasm

18. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

Fucking religious fags. -.-'

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Bush? is he that idiot that we always make fun off when he was the president? IIRC he is no longer the president..... so what power do he have to denied rowling for a medal?

20. Loonylion

he did it when he was president?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.