1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Jenesisds - acekard2i - DSi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikedpw0, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikedpw0

mikedpw0 New Member

I'm starting a new thread to draw attention to an old one that seems to have died out in October.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=24753.0

The OP mentioned having an Acekard 2i with JenesisDS installed on it. Apparently the emulator worked on his DSlite but not his DSi.

I just want to confirm that this must be a common problem. I do not have a DSlite to test on, but my DSi also has trouble running Jenesis (I am also using an acekard 2i by the way). Whenever I choose a rom from the list the screen says "loading." And continues to say "loading." And just keeps saying loading until I get tired of waiting and turn off the system. In other words, it freezes on the loading screen.

The DSi seems to have some homebrew compatibility issues. They are few and far between, yet they seem to effect some of the most desireable homebrew programs for the DS. DSOrganize also fails to run correctly on a DSi - the touch screen does not function and the browser is unable to connect to the net.

So I guess the point of this post is to say that unless the creator of jenesisDS updates the program, it simply won't run on a DSi. Unless there is something I'm missing.

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I had the same problem, although it was kinda wierd, I downloaded "Sonic And Knuckles" and since there was so many files in the .7z I just randomly chose a few.

One of them would load, but all it did was had some Sonic Characters and said "No Way!" While the other one wouldn't load at all. I sure hope there is a fix or that the owner updates soon.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...You guys do know this thing had stopped ages ago.

It's like the SNES emulator I once used, the creator's said they'd be back...but over a year gone...no progress.

And unlike the psp emulators, they don't suddenly pop back onto the scene, lack of interest :(

4. mikedpw0

mikedpw0 New Member

Hah. . . I don't know if you're joking or what. If not. . . it sounds like you probably picked the rom "Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 1." I don't know if you played the genesis back in the day/had these games, but the S&K game cartridge was designed to allow you to plug another game cartridge into the top of that game. This resulted in you being able to play as knuckles in sonic 2 and sonic 3. If you plugged any other game in the top - including sonic 1 - you would just get that "No way" screen you were talking about until you press start (I think? It's been awhile) which would just take you an endless succession of sonic 3 style bonus levels. If I remember correctly, the levels you got were different depending on what game you stuck into the top of S&K. Or maybe they were all just random. Again, its been years.

I wanted to post an update too. I was feeling greedy and picked up a DSlite today to get around some of the DSi homebrew issues. You can imagine how angry I was when I found that Jenesis has the same problem on the DSlite as it had on my DSi. It always freezes on the loading screen. I'm starting to think the problem might be the fact that I'm using an Acekard 2i rather than the DSi/DSlite difference.

DSorganize works on my lite though. Thats cool at least.
    Post Merge: [time]1263875067[/time]
    Nuts - I just took a second look at the original thread that I referenced. The OP was also using an Acekard 2i, yet he was able to get Jenesis to run on his DSlite. It was just his DSi that wouldn't play it. I'm gonna mess around with it a bit and see if i can get someothing to work.
    Post Merge: [time]1263876504[/time]
    Another update. . . I originally had a whole arseload of roms in my roms folder. I had noticed that Jenesis was failing to load them all - not even a quarter of them really. I deleted most of them. I think this freed up enough ram to allow the games to load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.