1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Japanese pop star dressed as pineapple beaten and robbed

Discussion in 'General News' started by tiramisukisu, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiramisukisu

tiramisukisu Well-Known Member

Pop star dressed as pineapple robbed
    Three men in Sweden beat up Japanese singer who was filming video

STOCKHOLM - Police say a Japanese pop star dressed up as a pineapple has been robbed while shooting a music video in southern Sweden.

Police spokesman Bo Paulsson says three young men beat up 41-year-old Hideki Kaji and robbed him of camera equipment worth around 20,000 kronor ($2,500) late Saturday.

Paulsson says the pineapple-clad artist had been left alone with the equipment while the camera crew went for a break. He was left with a cut lip and lost a dental implant.

A longer article is here -> http://www.thelocal.se/18680/20090405/

----

I love Kaji-kun and was shocked much when I read this... but I admit it made me laugh a little. orz I never expected he gets popular worldwide because of this funny but terrible incident and not his music. (>_<)

For those who do not know him, he is a shibuya kei / swedish pop artist since the early 90's. Recently, he contributed in the live action of Detroit Metal City (he sings in movie's start and negishi's and tetra-pot melon tea singles).

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Maybe those guys hated Spongebob Squarepants & when they saw him/her they mistook him/her for Spongebob's house so they beat him up.

Sorry, just a dumb thought.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i really wonder why do he dress up as a pineapple in the middle of the night..... it cant be a video shoting since they have a place for the actor to change.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

well, maybe he was asked to guard the equipments while the crew took a break, Union rule of some sort. and maybe it was low budgeted and they cant even hire some place to store those cameras and even a decent security.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

SpongeBob Theme Song
    Pirate: Are you ready, kids?
    Kids: Aye, aye captain!
    Pirate: I can't hear you!
    Kids: Aye, aye captain!
    Pirate: Ohh.... who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    Kids: SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
    Pirate: Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
    Pirate: If nautical nonsense is something you wish,
    KIDS: SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
    Pirate: Then drop on the deck and glub like a fish!
    Pirate: Ready?
    All together: SpongeBob Square Pants, SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob... SquarePants!
    Pirate: Haha!

LOL ;D

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

hey stop spamming ;D

7. lubuisking

lubuisking Active Member

Its all in the timing...

8. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

41 years old and still doing pop, heh im 36 and considered to old for industrial. Maybe I should move. :p

9. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, who else finds it strange that you dress up as a pineapple in public?

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's why my Spongebob reference, because I too found it odd, eccentric or even deranged at best.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's still dumb on both points-dressing as a pineapple...people make enough fun of people of people in suits-but the dude should have been on a closed set!

As for the robbers-I hope the union for costumed actors come after you guys...

To think a pop star, no matter how obscure, no matter what time, no matter how old gets this crap!

But it does prove my dad's theory in life-the japanese have a warped sence of fantasy...

Not that I'm worried (continues watching Takeshi's castle, while "maximum the hormone" is played).

12. Zacano

Zacano Active Member

What did Spongebob do to those Swedish guys?

13. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

I lolled. XD

14. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

what next mcdonalds dressing as a clown.

15. kadyome

kadyome Well-Known Member

too dumb. he was already a clown when he was a child...

16. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Spongebob Squarepants.Lol.

17. bretttrumpour

bretttrumpour Member

This is a waste of a topic =.=

18. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I loled to the topic
    Felt sad to the singer.

LoL'ed harder after 3 secs :D

19. charleygee

charleygee Member

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sorry - no one, nowhere in the world could possibly hate spongebob!! He is a hero throughout the world. Must say though the image of the Japanese pop star in a pineapple suit with missing dental implants (??) did get me lol so thanks for cheering me up on a very wet miserable day.
    :D :D :D :D

20. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

The popstar will never record on that country again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.