1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Japanese man streams his suicide ‘live’ online

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/11/11/japanese-man-streams-his-suicide-live-online/

Ok, who's next? Gotta love the Japs.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Jeeze. :p

Now they're doing it live?

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

Srsly, tho, at least he didn't do something really gruesome like hara-kiri.

4. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

whoa......
    Publicity stunt....?

5. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

For who...his family?

6. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

How in the world!? His actions are far too depressing by my standards, come on dude, at least think of all the hot chicks he never got a chance to meet... ::)

What an utter waste in human life?! He clearly had problems, but he shouldn't let that drag him by the neck. SSSSssssssOOoooooo incompetent!!!!!

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

We have another topic for puns about hanging.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43570.0

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

We may not understand why people revert to suicide as a form of solution but in my own understanding, they might be feeling that it is the only way out for them. Perhaps the stress they are having having is so real and unforgiving, leading them to commit suicide. In our uncaring world, they feel they will not be missed and it's also undeniable, mentally they cannot cope with the current issues at hand. It is ultimately the saddest and most tragic thing one can do, as we know they do need psychology help as well as counselling. In big cities, people are less concern for others, this is the selfish traits of a human being. We must not call these people who end their lives stupid because they are in fact, a sorry state and needs help and love. Although we cannot do much to stop this happenings, we should play our role as a kind soul to treat others with respect and love.

9. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Nah

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Welcome to Japan. Some of you anime-loving weeaboos may not understand this but you get worked like a dog in Japan. It's one of the most brutal places to work in the First World. Combine that with social and stress issues due to the insane "strive-for excellence" culture and it's no wonder so many people in Japan kill themselves.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'd kill myself too if I was Japanese.

I am sad.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...my guess is (unless any actual japanese are about) that the japanese aim for perfection, set their standards too high and end up depressed due to some impossible standard not met.

This is why that, while I'm facinated by the japanese culture, I prefer living a westerner one, why In my country I can get a pension and live like a bum (and unlike thousands, I'd have a legit excuse, though I prefer my part time job mind you).

My respects to the man, and death to those in that office he worked in.

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so anyone know where can i watch it?

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Quoted for truth :(

15. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

It's kind of like that. They throw themselves into incredible amounts of study, then they throw themselves into work. Their social lives in comparison to ours are incredibly gimped, and there's no real way to relieve stress. Further to that, many times when a Japanese guy gets a job he's in the company for life, making his way up the ladder. They don't switch jobs like we do, so the possibility of being fired could mean you're unemployed for the rest of your life.

Believe me when I say it's not nearly like what you think it is.

16. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Two Asean countries that are more prone to committing suicide are Japan and Korea. During the old days shame, humiliation and practically anything that is out of the usual may lead one to kill himself/herself. This is believed to save face and honor but these days, death is still an option because of the past history and mainly because of the stress. I have love the Japanese culture due to over exposure on gaming but I feel awful about suicide methods and knowing so many of them kill themselves. I really feel sorry for them.:(

17. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Another dose of karoshi... well, not technically.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I imagine that considering the emphasis the japanese place on honour, getting fired must be a pretty big dishonour for a person

19. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

What I figure about "honor" is that Japanese parents have a son and/or daughter and expect them to do well no matter what. If they fail at something (as is human) they (many, not all) don't care as much as...say...american parents. If their child commits suicide, he/she was a failure, and they can produce another.

This sounds incredibly awkward, but I believe the Japanese game, SUPER MARIO BROS. Is built around this concept.

I know, it sounds stupid, but hear me out.

Mario (and Luigi) are born, grow up, and try to save a higher-class person in peril, with their honor on the line and a reward to be had for their success.

If one fails, they cannot live with the honor and kill themselves (turtles and mushrooms REALLY don't kill them, they kill themselves for their failure to surpass the commoners, or just kill themselves in pits), many years pass (though this is not mentioned) and eventually there is another mario or luigi made and ready to go.

The whole basis of the game is for a common man (Mario, or Luigi) to accomplish great, almost inhuman feats (years of athletic training and muscle-builders for just the high jumping, I bet) and be honored by being accepted into a higher class (royalty, I suppose). If they fail, they die.

Tha's just my weird (and most likely wrong/high) opinion, tho.

20. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Shame, if you don't die of embarrassment, you die literally.
    If that guy survive the hanging, then that's the ultimate shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.