1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Japanese Games, a question about them.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Inunah, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a list of Japan-only DS and GBA games that have been fan-translated at least up to 90% finished and have a released patch?

I don't want any stupid menu-only patches listed mentioned UNLESS the game only has menu text, such as Puyo Pop... :p

2. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Soma Bringer DS
    Tales of Innocence DS
    Jump Ultimate Stars DS
    Boktai 3: Sabata's Counterattack GBA

Thats all i can remember for now.

3. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Look in this thread ^_^ http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=44259.0

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But that doesn't say how far the translations are done in just a single number.

5. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

There's a spoiler tag in the first post which tells you how complete the translations are.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Oh.

Well, it doesn't say the percentages on a few of them. It just says 'some' and 'most' all that crap. To me, in ROM hacking, 'some' is about 5% and 'most' is around 70%... Neither of which I appreciate.

Also, that topic doesn't help when I'm also looking in the GBA territory.

7. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Agree ;D

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

For DS, just check the ROM Hacking and Translation section for the DS on GBAtemp. Pretty much every translation worth hearing about is in the Translation Index thread.

Sadly, I couldn't find such a list for GBA games (I did only search for maybe a minute though).

For DS games though, only about two or three are actually past the 90% point;

- Tales of Innocence
    - Soma Bringer
    - Jump Ultimate Stars
    - Pokemon Black/White (maybe)

Most other DS translations are either very incomplete due to being quit about 20% of the way through, or are only menus and such.

Edit: Found something for GBA games - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103534
    That should get you started at least, but I'm sure that will contain most relevant and known GBA translation projects.

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's ALSO not 100% accurate, because the thread hasn't been edited in a while. Hell, some game could be 100% finished and it'd only say like 50%.

Also, I don't want the games listed on GBATemp's GBA Translation page. Got another list?

10. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

There was a website that had a list of games and IPS patchings for games for Nes GBA and such.

It does give some %, but most of the are incomplete. In the end the best option is literally google the game you want and check yourself.

I am wainting for the translation of Oriental Blue. its Fully translated but the testing is taking months >_>

EDIT: Ah yehh, gotcha http://www.romhacking.net/

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Bah, it's probably not updated.... All it's got is Pokemon and games I don't want.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That site is very updated. If you still can't find what you want, the project doesn't exist.

There is no magical site with all the translations you could ever want, hell, there are so few translations, you should be happy any exist. You've been presented with all resources pointed towards things that others want to play, and oddly enough, what the masses want to play gets translated before the minority. As you are the minority, chances are, all the specific little games you want translated aren't translated, and never will be translated.

/rant

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For GBA Japanese games that have fan translations look here :)

http://www.romhacking.net/?genre=&platform=10&status=&languageid=12&perpage=50&page=translations&transsearch=Go&title=&author=

One of the best ones is the one for Mother 3 ;)

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

o.o I was looking in the wrong section of romhacking.net

Also, why doesn't it have links to fricken DS translations?

....I know of barely ANY of these GBA games listed on romhacking.net. WTF

EDIT: From what I'm reading on Romhacking.net... Some translations are finished but are listed as unfinished? Can I get clarification as to WHY?

15. bunnybag

Is there a problem with not knowing any of the games listed?

Maybe they're labelled as unfinished because they're not 100% translated. I wouldn't know as I didn't go to the trouble of reading the description for each unfinished translation.

16. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Well in the description for Napoleon, it says it's translated enough to never see a foreign language, so I'd assume it should be listed as fully playable, but it's not.

So I'm confused.

17. bunnybag

It helps if you read the readme. It explains that these areas aren't translated:

"There are still many areas to be worked on, from the
    Quick Combat mode, to the mini-game mode. Also within
    the campaign there is some dialog text remaining untranslated.
    These are things like the commanders reactions when you
    distribute experience points between scenarios. Also
    commanders voicing their frustrations when you repeatedly
    don't assign them to missions.

Also enemy and friendly commanders will offer comments
    while a scenario is underway. I haven't found a central
    spot where all of these are stored to attack them
    systematically."

^copy-pasted from the readme.

18. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

soma bringer had a u release

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

RHDN's staff does not support NDS Fan Translations because they believe that games for newer consoles shouldn't be pirated, ergo no patches can't be made available. But they do frequently put out a news bulletin article whenever an NDS Fan Translation is released on scene along with links to the Fan Translators' own site:

For NDS games, here's a better link for you:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91851

And here's one for gbatemp's own list of GBA Fan Translation listings:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103534