1. This forum is in read-only mode.

J-Pop & J-Rock, you Dig?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 31, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This thread ties in with "Your Favorite Anime theme Songs" thread & "Anime Conventions & Cosplay Events" thread.

Do you like J-Pop &/or J-Rock music?

I'm asking this ofcourse to people who are NOT from Japan &/or are NOT Japanese.

Well it's sickening really, how Filipino Otakus have "evolved" into "Pseudo" Japanese, liking ONLY Japanese shows, Actors/Actresses, & now even their Music, just like that 80's ditti, "Turning Japanese" :p

It all started with liking Anime theme songs, soon people realized that actual celebrities & bands are actually covering their songs for use by the Anime industry. Then the worst followed, they actually began listening to J-Music UGH!

It's not that J-music is crap & all, there are actually some that are good (WTF!? What am I saying!!), what's disgusting is the J-artists "gimmick" looks, which are either "inspired" from Anime (Bishounen looking guys, Skanky girls), or a total rip off from the 80's New wave era (Girls with puffy hair like Cindy Lauper, guys looking like Billy Idol, there was even a J-Rock band that had outfits that looked like what David Gahan of Depeche Mode used to wear, now that's something I truly hate, as I'm a 100% Depeche Mode fan :p).

What's also weird is the Japanese way of watching a Live Concert, in the western tradition, even before a concert starts, fans are already crazed up & a lot of not so PG-13 stuff may already be happening on & off stage. In the J-music scene, audiences sit still in their chairs,watching the performing Artist/s/Band/s Quitely, like zombified drones staring blankly at the performer/s, it's like they were shot with tranquilizers or something.

And, the Filipino Otakus here say that that's how one should enjoy a concert, WTF!? Iwant my booze, my craziness & all that non PG-13 stuff ;D

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i like Anime theme......

i also like some of the J-Pop like Natsu Matsuri and Pop Stars....

I also into J-rock as long as they are from Puffy AmiYumi XD

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I like a few "J-Rock" bands such as Sambomaster etc.

4. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Hm... most famous artists don't cover, they get paid to compose songs for animes :p and some of their more established songs are used too

JMusic on its own isn't bad because if you really listen to the stuff that comes out from japan its pretty unique and could serve as inspiration for new kinds of music. Japanese composers are just plain weird. Yes its true that its all anime's fault that people get exposed to JMusic but hey its pretty good, it just gets annoying because of otaku's and their die hard sense of trying to be Jap

Well you shouldn't be really complaining about their looks, that's what "in" at japan so go figure

O btw Turning Japanese is a song based on masturbation :D

LOL Filipino concerts are pretty bland too you know it does get racy at times but a lot of people are just there because they came with a friend which results in an apathetic audience

personally Jmusic is a good distraction from the cookie cutter sounds coming from the west and within the country

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i loved the intro to kindom hearts so looked up the song found it was by Utada Hikaru. she is realy good and i like nearly all her songs.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

@sla03rs: See the allusion, the lyrics to the song describes an Otaku well, Having no "real" life, being obssessed with a girl, but you have no backbone to approach her, so what's your recourse, spanking Monkeys, really so sad.

7. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

oh please you don't have to be otaku for that to happen :))
    besides every man slaps the monkey once in a while

8. calvin_0

what do "Slap the monkey" mean?

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Content removed

10. calvin_0

6 posts up.....

this one?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Content removed

12. calvin_0

just give me the answer >.>

there is alot of thing i dont know or I dont get it.....

for example the Mudkip "I heard you liek me" joke......

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

'So I heard u liek mudkipz' is a meme that originated on 4chan.

14. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Half of my MP3's are J-POP. Most are Bleach openings/endings.

15. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I personally can't stand this type of music for the most part, I don't know if it's just too upbeat for me or what.

16. Hodge

Hodge Member

I've been getting into Nightmare and Versailles a bit recently. Not crazy about the fact that I can't understand the lyrics but the music is top notch.

17. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

82% of my music is J-Music, 10% Video Game Music, 8% English songs.

JAM Project, Gactk, Utada Hikaru and LÁrc En Ciel I follow.

18. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

J pop:
    - W-inds! I love W-inds, not only can they sing but they can dance!
    - Checkers, they are a bit old but I love their songs
    - Angela Aki

I hate Jonny's Boys bands (kat tun, news, what not) and those girl bands where people "graduate"

Jrock: I love J-rock!
    - X Japan is a classic!
    - B'z is also a must
    - L'arc en ciel is my favorite! This band is the only band that made my heart skip a beat when I listen to their songs, it's like falling in real love!
    - Spitz is a bit old but I love their songs it's so catchy
    - Asian Kung fu generation, need I say more?
    - Tokyo Jihen, the vocal's voice is so unique
    - Ikimonogakari
    - Baseball bears
    - random singles

19. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff New Member

I dig Dir En Grey.

20. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

Wouldnt really call it J-rock but i love Maximum the Hormone, they did the Death Note openings/closing at one point and i think they're awesome, i also like most of the bleach openings too :)