1. This forum is in read-only mode.

It's Been A While Since I've Been In The PSP Scene.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sexywogboy, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I have a slight dilemma. A few days ago I bought a new release legit PSP game called 'Rugby League Challenge'.

My problem is that the game requires firmware 5.55 official firmware to work. At the moment my PSP Silm has 5.00 M33-6. If I update my PSP I will no longer have custom firmware, so that isn't an option for me.

So does anyone know what I can do? I know the game works because I updated my Brother's PSP to official firmware 5.55.

Any help would be appreciated :)

- Raysie

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well, apparently, some people claim to have played the new soul caliber game with a spoof for the firmware version and some hex editing.

One option is to prehaps hope they make a CFW for your 5.55 game-sadly it won't be 6.00m33-team ain't gonna bother, AGAIN which is annoying.

You...could use your brother's psp until then-if HEN worked on such a high firmware I'd get cfw enabler but sadly it's not gonna go past 5.03...

Not much for now mate :(

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried playing it without updating it? It works...sometimes.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Any examples-this might be useful to me as well :)

I can't hex edit...really want soul caliber :(

5. sexywogboy

Of course I have! LOL

It looks for like for now I'll be using my bros PSP, as there is nothing that would make me risk losing my Custom Firmware.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is gonna be a 6.00 OFW coming out soon-best pray someone makes a cfw of that.

Sorry raysie-sony is a pain in the butt at times like these-especially when the best people to take it on refuse to do anything :(

7. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I still wonder why "dark alex" stopped making custom firmwares...

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Same-when the forum admins (yeah aware they closed due to cost) said they were still making-and yet when the new 6.00 was announced, they said we aren't bothering with 6.00 because it just has a few extra background colours.

BS-I am starting to wonder if the remour of him being paid is true.

9. sexywogboy

Probably wants the attention. He doesn't get the recognition he really deserves, Dark Alex alone has atleast made half the sales of PSP possible. LOL

Well, there is always someone next in line, this time next year we'll all be saying "Dark who?", and we'll have a new custon firmware from a new group.

The PSP Homebrew scene is way too big to just stop.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah but it does create an issue of fakers trying to wreak psp...

Some so-called spanish team claimed to make a 5.55 cfw-what did we get?

An mp3 embedded inside some file that almsot wrecked a few psp's-everyone thought it was him in disguise!

11. sexywogboy

Yes, I heard about that. LOL

I'm just saying, I've never seen a larger Homebrew scene for a console, and if someone like Dark Alex could do so much, why can't a newcomer do the same?

Also, I heard you say something about rumours of him being payed off to no longer make Custom Firmware. It does seem unlikely, but in the world we live in...I wouldn't pass on it. Also, how a SONY member would've gotten in contact with him, or even how Dark Alex would've had to trust such a person seems unlikely.

Sometimes people get bored with doing things, in this case doing such a huge thing for a number of disrepectful people for free isn't enough motivation to continue development of Custom Firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.