1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Issues with the R4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Before anyone does the inevitable, PLEASE don't tell me "don't use the R4i, it's a clone and it is evil!!" I already HAVE it, so this advice is not helpful. I found a site that updates the firmware, so technically it is working (for now) I just have a couple issues I can't figure out and hope someone has solved them:

1. My saves don't work. I transferred all the .sav files over but they are not being recognised.

2. The cheat.dat is not working. I know how to fix the overall R4 cheat issue, it's not the problem, this is specific, it seems, to the R4i. I also tried the usrcheat.dat and that's not working either.

Again, I already have the R4i, and I know from several sources it CAN work if you fix the glitches, so please no advice to just "get a new card"

Thanks in advance.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

1: Where were the save files transferred from? You may need to convert them with this.

2: Where is the cheat database from?

Linfox Domain for firmware.

3. sadboy

sadboy Guest

i have r4i sdhc too format cart then install 1.06 then if it dont work your computer has hidden files to mess up cart good luck.all my saves work

4. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

1. The files were transferred from my original R4, so they're all .sav files like they are with the R4i. In fact, the weird thing is, playing around I made a new save and then checked back - the save I created new on the R4i loaded fine and was EXACTLY the same as the one I had transferred, so I'm completely at a loss as to what the difference could possibly be that the thing recognises new saves and not transferred ones when they are the same.

2. If you're asking where I'm getting the cheat.dat from, it's from gbatemp.

edit: thnks for the link to the firmware - that's where I got it from which is the only reason the R4i is working at all :)

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The software may be different in the saving functions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.