1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Issue with my Wii...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

The following issues have been occurring.

1) When i try to load a GC game from a disk (Using GC backup Launcher 1.1) I get the error "ERROR: Disk could not read disk ID (Ret = -1)"
    I do not know if a similar thing occurs with Wii games, because i do not use disks =/ And this occurs with real and pirated games =/

2) I got a GC Action Replay, but whenever i stick a game in after selecting cheats (On a DVD-R), it seems my Wii shuts off into powersave (Or w/e when screen goes black but light is green), so i press power, and it goes into the stage it seems to be in, then i can turn it on...

Does anyone know how i can fix this? And is there an updated GC backup launcher that will fix this issue?

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

a) first thing re install the MIOS patch that could be a problem, an other can be equally the DVD-r use Imgburn to burn them and go for good brands, max max seems to work fine.

b) it could be a bad burn, ask ace he migth be able to give you better answers, i recomend backing up the SD card, formatting it with the panasonic for matter included on retro and pong ysmenu

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I doubt it's the MIOS unless it can fuck itself up by not being turned on for 4 months =/
    It worked that last time i played, which was 4 months ago... And i do use IMGburn at 4x write speed, i use Memorax DVD-R's to...
    Could be...because it seems it works fine with my real GC game...could it be that using cheats doesn't automatically use the free loader?
    WTF does that have to do with this?....

4. Duncan Idaho

i've often come to the conclusion the cards need to be formated to work some times, it can be fault of the program or the card, and the MIOS can fuck itself i've had it happen on ocassions

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I format my SD card about once a month )most recent was 3 days ago), my issue with what you said was about the TTDS files =/

And umm....how can i do that?...
    I have no idea which loader i'm running anyways...

6. Duncan Idaho

IF you did not erase the installer program just go and select mios patcher and using a GC control select the v8

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'll have to check my laptop to see if it's on there...if not, can i install a NEW GC loader? Or will that just fuck it up? I think it was part of the hackmii package though...not sure...

8. Duncan Idaho

i meant from you SD card, and if you sued a package like darkcorps then you are on ace hands, i hacked my wii step by step manually as real men do.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Ace told me not to use DarkCorps, i forget what i used though...

10. Duncan Idaho

check your SD card and tell me if the MIOS patch shows up

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

It's not there any longer =/

[me=Ryan] waits for Ace to come by and say what he did. [/me]

=/