1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Issue, how do I use it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Meowers27, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Meowers27

Meowers27 New Member

So I downloaded the samurai warriors 2 - Extreme Edition rom and there is an option to play it on disk. Wait, I thought this was a emulator. Is this not a emulator but rather a thing to play the old game on the ps2?
    https://www.romulation.org/roms/PS2/Samurai-Warriors-2-Xtreme-Legends-(U).7z
    Windows 7
    Extraed with win.rar

How do I use that? I thought it was just click and play. If its not and its burn and place into ps2 and play, then something is getting deleted.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

No, it's a game rom (cd image). You need to install a PS2 Emulator on your computer to play. If on a PS2 console you need a modded console, and have the rom burnt on to a dvd-R.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You appear to be mixing up emulators and rom/isos.

Emulators are programs for making a computing device (in this case a PC) pretend to be a different computing device (in this case a games console, eg a PS2).

ROMs/ISOs are exact 1:1 duplicate images made from a particular source media, (in this case PS2 games). You have downloaded an ISO image of the game in question, it cannot be used on its own. As Prectorian said, you either need to burn it to a disc to use on a real PS2, or download an emulator (PCSX2, it's free) to play it on your PC.

So no, it's not quite as simple as click and play, but it's not difficult.