1. This forum is in read-only mode.

isn't it sad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chrono, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Chrono

Chrono Guest

last i checked we had 2920 members this forum should be bustling
    can't you do what g-masters have done and make a "must sign in to forum every X days thing"
    prehaps you could link downloads to sections of the forum, so before someone downloads something have a link with a heading "related subject" and a link to somewhere in the forum so we could just set one up for every popular ds or gba game comming out.
    then they'll start to read fall in love with our charm and contribute to the forum

ign have something simmilar but obviously not downloads just reviews

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

well, I can certainly create a review forum, but linking it to files is something you'd have to ask seph about. He's currently working on the next generation of RomUlation, so if he likes the idea it might make it in there.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

G-Masters doesn't require you to login to the actual forum, they require you to register an account which you then use to download with too.

I don't want to require registration unless we at some point absolutly must limit the amount of bandwidth we use.

That said though, I will be looking for ways to make the forum more visible and make people want to join in.

4. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

We just need to get the news out. I think alot of people don't know we're back yet!

5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

one way is advertized zombies all over the world :p ohhh wait thats on my PSP Infected Game ;D never mind, or we can just tell the romulation community to help each other out and spread the news RomUlation rocks with awesome roms and games and goodies, ;D that RomUlation is the Shiznit.

6. Chrono

Chrono Guest

actually if you don't sign in to the forum for 30 days they won't let you download till u do

7. Prototype

but I havent left the forum for 30 days, im not even in my 2week interragation ;D and Ive also downloaded some stuff from them :p

8. Chrono

Chrono Guest

that's irrelevent after 30 days of not logging into the forum they won't allow you yo untill you do log into the forum

9. Seph

Okay I didn't know about the 30 days login time.

I'm always open for ways to advertise RomUlation so if any of you have ideas then bring them on.

10. Chrono

Chrono Guest

ok if we put a link on the nintendo forums that'll go down well yay :p

your an affiliate of lots of other romsites which is good get more
    actually putting your link on m3's forum or another flash card makers site my get you a few visits

11. Seph

I don't have time spreading romulation around on the web, I use all my time on improving the current features and working on new ones. However, if you guys want to spread it you're more than welcome, as long as you don't spam the url or break the rules of a forum then I'm fine with it.

12. Prototype

You all heard him...spread the virus.........

Wait not virus ::) I mean URL ;D

13. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

I will spread the word of Seph the Almigthy. My Diablo 2 site may just be getting edited around a little to amke it more Romulation friendly. 8)

14. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to take off my clothes to advertise... :-\
    Also..everyone here is more than likely a member of lots of other forum's...
    We could just put a link in our sig's..

15. Seph

A link in your sig would go a very long way, especially if the link includes 'gba roms' or 'nds roms' then search engines will love it too. ;D

16. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

Do you guys follow links in ppl's sigs? Cause I don't. You never know what virus may be lurking around the corner... and most of its poorly put together websites with crap anyway. Not saying romulation is... but... How about we train legend to hack and he can graffitii google so it says romulation. Yes! We shud try for world domination next!

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We are :p

18. Seph

I do at times, it depends on the forum, the anchor text and the person posting though. But it's not something I never do.

It's hard to get a virus just by visiting a website anyway, those days are long gone.

19. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

Yeh virus was kind of a lame excuse. I guess im just lazy. lol. OH and you'd better have taken over the world by 2012 cause me and my pals are gunna take it over after that. Sorry for any inconviences and deadlines and stuff but that's the way it works these days.

20. mihakase

mihakase New Member

Post for points perhaps? Well, there'd likely be a lot more spam... maybe take advantage of the potential activity through advertisements.