1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Yahoo down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damanali, Sep 29, 2013.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Can you access yahoo on your computers/countries? I dont know if its just down here in my comp or something, since i can't access the site neither my email.

My dad's been blaming me that the internet is down for 2 straight days, when its only the yahoo site he can't access. So is it just me or is yahoo really down internationally?

Thanks guys for the reply.

2. rukia3

rukia3 Member

I can get on yahoo, but it's Polish version of yahoo. Your dad is a bad person.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

No think wrong here with Yahoo, and ant google a lot better server to use... unless needed email of cause.

4. damanali

yup, the email is the main reason for using yahoo. might be the yahoo news too.

also, he is not a bad person, older generation blame tech problems on us that uses technology everyday. Its up to us to calmly explain these things.

Thanks for the inputs. My first thought was that microsoft took over yahoo and shut the site to promote bing.

5. Jhon 591

OK ^, Only thing I could suggest is to clear out your bowsing history and Cookies, and see if this may help.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm also having issues accessing Yahoo! mail and two other sites namely, "modthesims" and the homepage for "FCEUX".

It's been like this for two days now.

@Jhon 591:

Clearing out cookies & browsing history won't work if he is using Yahoo!'s Messenger as that too hasn't been working for two days straight.

7. Jhon 591

I see Cahos Rahne Veloza Thanks.

Although it may stop a Dad from looking at what U have been looking at !lol ;D

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

both yim and mail working fine here and have had no interruption that ive noticed.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

So I guess this is one of those "regional areas" inaccessibility situations.

RFE: Addendum:

I'm not sure if this is related or maybe the site is offline but the music player on this site...

http://www.89dmz.com/

.. is not working on my end.

And to think I can only listen to their New Wave mix program on Sundays :p

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

every yahoo feature working fine here :)

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's not down at all for days. It's likely just his internet security acting up.
    I had issue with Y! before, needed to clear the certificate for some reason.
    His probably different issue since he hasn't clearly stated if any error info shows up or not, or merely just not accessible.
    Thus not possible to pin-point exactly what's causing it and how to go about solving it.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yahoo and the other sites I mentioned are working fine now. In my case it was my ISP's fault... And if damanali's ISP is the same as mine, then that would explain it.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

yahoo works here...well the homepage at least.

14. damanali

Its now working. I think you are right, Cahos. The ISP might be to blame for the downtime of yahoo.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Damn you PLDT~!

[​IMG]

16. Jhon 591

Out of Cahos Rahne Veloza + prectorian

Are and Have the real answers I like to see on a form !thub'sup ;)

Includes no bullshit flog-of's ;D

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yahoo is not working again for me? :p

As well as the sites I previously had problems with when damanali posted the thread... except for modthesims which I can access with no problems.

And this time I'm guessing it is because of the storm we're currently having.