1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is this unhealthy...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Is it unhealthy to use headphones/earphones/whatever the fuck their called with one side softer then the other..? My Razer Morays finally started to show signs of age. I've used these for a few years and finally, one side is getting softer then the other. And I tested with many many videos, their all the same. Right side softer then Left. Is it unhealthy to use them like this?

2. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

your ears normally hear different decibel levels all day long, it helps you to determine which direction a sound is coming from.

if the volume isn't too high it won't harm you. I still recommend that you stop using them- they will annoy you and may give you a headache;
    besides headphones are rather inexpensive-

3. Stanley Richards

Oh but if you know my life, they cost a kidney and an arm.
    Post Merge: [time]1281389234[/time]
    And the thing is, I've never really used the left part. For some reason, I only listen to stuff using the right. Only sometimes I use the left.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I wear a speaker on my ear all day at work, so I don't see that would do you any more damage than my headset does to my right ear.

5. Stanley Richards

Thanks.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No problem. Is there an equalizer?
    That should make a difference.

7. Stanley Richards

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

An equalizer. It changes the volume from which ear you want the sound out of the most. You could balance it if you want it softer in the left.

Plus, if it's stereo, the music may be softer for the right, but I doubt it.

Go to sound options (Volume Control) to find the equalizer (also known as fade).

9. Stanley Richards

But it's my headphone's problem. not the computer volume.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know. The equalizer may be able to make the sound louder in the right part, but it would lower the left as well...

11. Stanley Richards

Okay.. I'll try it. Thanks.

12. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Why not just go buy another pair for $20?

13. Stanley Richards

... You don't know me.

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That would be like telling me to go spend $20 on something. I get maybe $100 over the course of an entire year. Usually, that's less. I'm sure there are other people with personal funds on the same level as me.

The moral of the story: Not everybody has $20 to spend on whatever whim comes up. :p

15. Stanley Richards

I don't even get more then 20$ a year.

16. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Seriously? I take back what I said then.

17. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Bah! Someone send the goat some new headphones! I would but my last set just died not to long ago from an attack of my 1yr old.

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Money makes the world go round, but there really isn't enough of it. :/

My only other headphones are crappy used Apple ear buds. Needless to say, they suck.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You mean a balance control. An equaliser adjusts relative volume of different frequency bands. Balance control adjusts the bias to one side or the other.

have you considered that you may be having hearing problems in one ear?

20. Stanley Richards

No. I can hear clearly on both ears using the "right" part of the headphones.
    The left part is getting soft.