1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is this not an R4DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by geneericdrug, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geneericdrug

geneericdrug Well-Known Member

((If this is in the wrong section I'm very very sorry :/ ))

I have an R4DS that I bought off a friend of mine (She bought it online for me but I don't know through where). My R4DS runs games perfectly well (Except for ones that need patching). It runs music too (and videos). My only problem is that it doesn't use themes the way I see other R4s use them. A friend of mine has it so her R4 uses a theme for every month of the year. But my R4 doesn't do that.

My R4 CAN use a theme if it is placed in the _System_ folder.
    If I put it in _System_ > Themes > ThemeXX (XX = 01 - 12) It DOES NOT WORK.

I know I'm doing it right, I've been doing it right for a long time now. I'm using themes off of here and I've converted them.

So now I have two questions.

1) Is this not a R4DS then? (It doesn't say 'new' or anything on it. Just "R4" . . . "Revolution for DS" . . . "(NDSL/NDS)"
    2) Is it strange that when ever I put in Firmware the firmware DOES NOT include the ThemeXX folders?

I'm starting to feel suspicious about that so as I put this I'm asking my friend to come online and copy her Moonshell and _System_ folders and whatnot for me so I can see if that works instead, but my questions still stand.

--//--GenericGirlName

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Download the newest firmware and try again.

v1.18 is somewhere.

Put the themes in themes, not themeXX.

3. geneericdrug

I put in the Firmware that came with my R4 when I bought it (v1.18). And I did as you said and put the theme in the "Themes" folder, but that didn't work. Then I tried just putting it in the _system_ folder and that didnt work either.

(Also this theme is converted properly)

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

hrmm...

idk then.

May be a clone.

5. djz777

djz777 New Member

did you try pressing select on the boot menu ???

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

1) it dose sound like a R4 from www.r4ds.com

2)Thats because the frimware is not made that way, but yes it dose work if you press the select button when you see the main screen, the one with a packman look!

You put your themes inside of each Theme01 - 12 folders

So

_systems_ then themes folder and then theme01 - 12 folders

7. geneericdrug

In the first post I tried both of those things and they DID NOT WORK

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If it's an original r4...
    Then why bother-no longer officially updated and rather annoying to use.
    The acekard is much better-$45 AUD and it's practically idiot proof-all the themes :)

..but it could be a clone-if you could take a pic and upload it via photo bucket then to here prehaps we could better see the issue.

9. Jhon 591

You could try starting again download some themes from hear, Only the one's that say R4DS click hear http://www.ndsthemes.com/

Hear is a package that dose work with R4 original, You could format your Micro sdcard and start again, It also have the theme folders in order

R4 Firmware v1.18 + Moonshell 2.05 + YSMenu

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bzqqzwnyfny

The moonshell v2.05 in this will play DPG movies faster and better, Download movies hear

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5085.0

"R4 uses a theme for every month of the year"

Yes thats trew, But if you wish to skip that... just press select on main screen, not games screen

R4 yes it will are should work

Have you unpacked the R4 themes from the zip or rar arcive?

10. geneericdrug

[​IMG]
    This is exactly what I got when I bought it (Except I didnt get that thingy attached to the case)

Also unless someone is going to buy it for me there is no way I can buy something else.

So first off "here" not "hear"
    And I'm using Themes from ndsthemes.com
    I've tried using the R4 Firmware that came with my R4 and the Firmware off the site along with the firmware from linfox domain.
    I've unpacked all themes and such I even converted them to be the right kinds of images.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No need to correct spelling of other's unless it makes it THAT hard to read XD

I was hoping for the pic of yours-an expert (which ain't me) can tell if it's a fake or not by looking at it-the pic shown might have slight differenaces that can't be seen...

As for the themes...it's not my area-I'm only trying to get as info as possible so an expert with these can help-I'm hoping one of our mods come by :(

12. geneericdrug

I don't have a camera on hand but I'll put it in my scanner ;)

And I only corrected his spelling because it would make him sound more like he knew what he was talking about if he used the correct word. I'm sure if I was going around saying "hear" instead of "here" I'd like someone to correct me.

[​IMG]

Should I scan the back too?

13. Jhon 591

They is no resion for the themes not to work with that card anyway!, And yes that is a R4 that can only take a 2GB microSD card

Ok am not a mister perfect with my spelling, but i do my best lol!, anyone can miss a key now and then.

Are they any spaces on your themes folder?, like theme 01 or just theme01, they should be no spaces

The best thing is to start again with your kernal
    Post Merge: [time]1257091487[/time]
    Fake or not it should work anyway, as a cd came with yours i down't think its a fake

14. geneericdrug

it's "theme01" no spaces. And Ive reformatted the card and start over many times over the last 24 hours.

15. Jhon 591

It has to be the most weird case i have heard of!

Ok

_system_

themes go into this folder then

theme01 folder upto 12

Post Merge: [time]1257092245[/time]
    Is your DS firmware set?

Down't put the cart into your ds, Start it up and press bottom screen to set your firmware, press on the little DS in the middle at the bottom

16. geneericdrug

you mean you want me to put the themes in the _System_ folder?

_system_ > ThemeXX

As opposed to

_system_ > Themes > themexx

??

Also I have no idea about the DS Firmware. I turn it on and I see the regular stuff.

17. Jhon 591

Just this one

_system_ > Themes > themexx

Buy the way no caps, themes

Do not put the cart into your ds turn it on and tuch the bottom screen, after that you will see a small ds at the middle bottom tap on it to set time and date, name ext

18. geneericdrug

Okay I did that and I'm getting the same results as before. Also the DS's stuff is set already.

19. Jhon 591

Might be simpler

R4 Firmware v1.18 + YSMenu, Click hear and DL it, You will need winrar or 7zip to exstract files from arcive

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zezeimmt15l

I have set the folders

On the R4 revolution for DS screen, press the select button to change themes.

Have you tryed pressing Select and then A button, untill you get to the folder that your theme is in?

It's possable the firmware on your CD is older then v1.18 ?
    Post Merge: [time]1257094987[/time]
    I have two R4 revolution for DS cards, But i have not had a problem with the themes

20. geneericdrug

The firmware on the CD says "v1.18"

And Im putting what you gave me on the card but everytime I put the card in my DS I get "SD/TF Error" D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.