1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is this normal? My microsd card went blank.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by awesomebros, Aug 17, 2010.

1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

It emptied itself out. I'm using a DSTT with a kingston 2gb micro sd card.

I was using lameboy and I saved my progress in pokemon crystal and it froze. Then I restarted my ds and it gave me the "MENU?" screen. Luckily, I backed everything up a week ago.

Should I keep my DSTT? I was planning on getting an EZ flash to go along with my DSTT but now I'm not so sure.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD probably became corrupted because your game froze while saving and you have to power it down. Interrupting a write to the MicroSD can cause that.

3. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

My sd card went blank when i dropped it 3 times in a row by accident somehow.
    I don't know much about the DSTT. By EZ Flash you mean the Ez Flash 3 in 1 right? From what i read somewhere DSTT's are pretty good. Hmmmmmm not really sure though if you should get the ez flash.

That does happen sometimes.

4. awesomebros

It corrupts the whole card? I'm formatting the card right now. Before, it said the disk was full but nothing was on the card.

5. TirithRR

It corrupts the file table. The data is probably (more than likely) still there, but without the table, devices and your computer have no idea what the data is.

6. awesomebros

My dad did something with it before I formatted it. I stuck it intot eh computer and it had a single corrupt file.

7. TirithRR

There are various file recovery or undelete programs out there (I cannot recommend one, since I've never really used them) unfortunately most try to get you to buy them, and many suck.