1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is this a tooth problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garychencool, Sep 21, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Okay, my tooth that is closest to the back of my jaw has "gum" overlapping about 1/4th of the large tooth, I am pretty sure that it's not suppose to happen. I noticed it a few days ago when i woke up and it is overlapping it even more.

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

see a dentist as it is a problem

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@garychencool: You might have a developing compacted wisdom tooth, have it checked by your dentist as that'd be extremely painful when it further develops.

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Cool!!! You have a gun inside your mouth, that is so Unnatural ;D

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

your gums must just be swollen, probably you are not cleaning your teeth correctly, this has happened to me once or twice, but then kept a good oral hygiene, try this first and if it doesnt go away, go to dentist

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

LMAO! if that caused swelling, my whole face would be a pimple! i ain't brushed me teeth in about....9 years now? LMAO!

7. unqiueninja

Are you sure it is the gum overlapping and not your teeth sinking into your gum? ;D

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah they are. Two of mine poked through and the dentist just popped them out by apply a lot of pressure to them and pulling them out...well...actually, they just fell out really. :p

And my other two were still in my gums, so the oral surgeon had to remove them when I was getting my anchor for a fake tooth put in.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I sometimes get the feeling you are systematically trolling people... Surely no one is this retarded...

10. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I wouldn't want to take that bet either way. Ok actually I do. I just won't say which one I believe is which.

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

sorry, but i truthfully haven't brushed my teeth for 9 years...

and if you mean this retarded as in me, i do have aspergers disease if it explains anything -.-"

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No. It doesn't. A person with Asperger's is perfectly capable of brushing their teeth. When was the last time you went to the dentist?

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

last week actually..he didn't say anything about my teeth, and i never said i wasn't able -.-" i'm to lazy :p

14. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

a little off-topic, but dad has me brush my teeth as soon as I get up, before I even eat anything. There's a reason, I guess, but seems a little excessive to me.

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I can't personally stand not brushing my teeth at least twice a day (morning and night). Sometimes three if I get home from work and my teeth feel dirty. When I was younger, my gums were easily irritated, and if I got anything (like a popcorn kernel) stuck in them they would swell up and be a bit puffy until I removed the kernel. The wisdom teeth on my bottom jaw were impacted, the top two were normal. All four were removed. The impacted ones caused occasional swelling.

If the gums are swelling over an existing tooth which had previous been completely out of the gums, then there is likely an infection brewing. If it is a new tooth that is coming in, yet not out completely, depending on your age it could be the "teenage molars" or the Wisdom teeth. Either way you want a dentist to make sure nothing is wrong (like your teeth not coming in straight).

16. unqiueninja

Wisdom tooth are good in a sense that you got "wisdom" ;D

17. garychencool

Wow, wisdom tooth(s) means that I have Wisdom, LMFAO, Computer Wisdom!
    Post Merge: [time]1285162830[/time]
    @UniqueNinja No, a tooth was already existant on it before my guns started to overlap it, gonna see dentist!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1285162864[/time]
    LOl, gonna start a post about brushing you teeth!

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

I generally brush shortly after every meal because my teeth feel so damn grimy afterwards I can't stand it.

I also do it because the numbing agents they use on me don't work at all and as a result, cavities tend to be a bit more painful than I'd like when they fix them.
    The only good thing that came out of my wisdom teeth was when they were taken out because they drugged me up hardcore.

19. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i hated when my wisdom teeth were taken out. i couldnt eat any solids for a month. Thats how the the recovery took for me :(

20. garychencool

Oh crap, getting out a wisdom tooth is that bad? Holy Crap Man, I got 4 of them! :(

*garychencool has a sudden vision about the outcome: Bloody, painful hell...