1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is this a fake?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I found some really old discs inside a really old box inside a really old drawer. It's a Bomberman game for Playstation. Since I AM in Singapore, could it be a bootleg?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I don't know.....those are possibly the worst pictures i have ever seen.
    I don't know if singapore is like the UK but my games boxes have playstation written on the black bit on the hinge, totally different to that pic.

3. Stanley Richards

My phone's camera is the worst thing in the world

4. msg2009

I would upload a pic of a real playstation game box to compare but my internet cap won't let me.
    Mine says playstation on the black hinge part, playstation on the bottom and top of the box and is very fat, as wide as my finger. Yours looks like a normal cd case.
    Also mine doesn't have a black part on the right.
    This is real hard to say without pictures.....

5. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Is the back of the disk black?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

GAH I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE SPOILERS STILL HAVE THE PICTURES LOADING AND THOSE ARE BLOOD MASSIVE!

I'm gonna have to flash my browser to see the other pics.
    Post Merge: [time]1283686354[/time]
    If the disc print feels like paper and not like a standard cd print it's fake.

Also a black underside can still be fake, it's possile for people to buy those, they just aren't that cheap...but of course, they can be reproduced.

And stan, reduce the img size before taking shots...your digital camera can have the pic resolution shrunk, i have to flash my browser to see each pic because I can't reach the spoiler down below.

My advice-take off those shitty spoilers, and have bare bones click links so they can't be seen here, You have to scroll around on the forum here to get any real idea of the pic.

Shoddy pictures are shoddy.

7. Stanley Richards

The images are HUGE, therefore I put spoilers. I KNOW putting spoilers doesn't help loading-wise, but I put it just to keep it neat

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If the back of the disc is black then it's original

9. awesomebros

Is there something special about the black disks?

Also, right-click<View image

10. Stanley Richards

And I used my shitty handphone to take it. It's barely 1 megapixel.

11. msg2009

goddammit ive taken some pics but my phone won't connect to my pc and when it does it wont transfer the files, I aint even tried to upload them yet.
    Anyway, it looks nothing like your case.
    Mine look like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=200394228302

12. awesomebros

Did PSX games come out with clear disks? Cause if not, yours is most likely fake.

13. msg2009

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-Genuine-PS1-PsOne-PLAYSTATION-Game-Case-NEW_W0QQitemZ200394228302QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=134748482808&rvr_id=134748482808&cguid=e1db1bc712a0a0aad2413d41fff31adf

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They used to sell blank PSX discs at some places. :p

15. Dracosyna

Dracosyna Well-Known Member

I think it's a fake one since the color of the disc doesn't match the boxart. I used to have a fake FFIX game and it's disc is colored pink! You can always look at the back, if it's has a bunch of screenshots with no ESRB rating, serial code, 1-2 players thing then it's a fake.

I've been through a lot of fake things y'know.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The color of the disc has nothing to do with the boxart...
    There are plenty of games with random disc images.

17. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

found it.

[​IMG]

From the page it's on (some spanish file forums):

Games include

Bomberman 1 - JAP
    Bomberman Fantasy Race - ENG
    Bombermn World - ENG

Filesize: 305.13 MB

heres' the REAL art for bomberman collection:

[​IMG]

Notice that this one has an ESRB rating and a hudson logo. Also notice that it doesn't have random chibi people on it. They may be from one of the 3 games, pirates OFTEN copy and paste that stuff for fake game boxart, mainly famiclones and famicom fake multicarts.

You gotta pirate.