1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is there programs that rip music from game disc images?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ie psp iso/cso files, ps2, psx, or even one for cartridge games like the 64?

I really like ridge racer 2's soundtrack, but I can't use itunes to rip that, same for ridge racer type 4, even though 1 song appears on itunes the other's only appear on the game itself...

The only way I can do it is to connect my laptop to my stereo and record it on tap...but would rather a high-quality digital format that can be played without trouble ie acc, mp3, and you know the rest...

So, anyway program to do this (that's free-car needs servicing and need to save after my gaming binge...while I was out of work :( )?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There would be different methods to 'rip' from an image from each system. I found this for a method for PS1/PS2 apparently and this should have whatever you need. There should be good guides out there for each system game you're looking to get audio files from as long as you give the search engine a good and thorough look ;) This may be an interesting read too. However I'm sure people here will know about a "doitall" program which lets you load a game, and it lists all the files it finds, and allows you to save them, something like Tahaxan for the Nintendo DS :)

There are also alternatives, ie recording each track while playing, or simply looking for audio files which people have already uploaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.