1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is there a way to play ps1 games on the ds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by junjunjun, Oct 21, 2007.

1. junjunjun

junjunjun New Member

hEY guys im using an r4 card n since it has the multimedia function(moonshell)
    i was just thinking if a ps1 emulator could work there n we could play ps1 games?

anyone has any idea if this works or where to get a ps1 emulator for that matter.

thx.

btw..

SOUTH AFRICA ARE RWC CHAMPS 07 WOOHOOOOOOOO

2. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

Re: SEX! now that i have ur attention, is there a way to play ps1 games on the ds?

Nope, there isn't. An emulator uses the system memory of the console. The memory of a DS isn;t big enough to load ps1 roms on to. It's impossible. But you could play them on your PC if you really want to.
    A DS can't even play GBA roms; they're too big.
    The only emulators available for DS are SNES (plays almost all roms) NES (all roms, i think) and Gameboy (color)

Sorry to disappoint you mate. And SA sucked during the finals, but England even more.
    (not that i care; i'm Dutch)

Ciao

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Don't make stupid titles in the future.

4. noobster

noobster Active Member

what's wrong with the title?

5. chaseguitar

chaseguitar Active Member

Re: SEX! now that i have ur attention, is there a way to play ps1 games on the d

there is also a sega genesis emulator for the ds/ r4 card, called PicoDriveDS. It doesn't have sound, though. :-[

6. Ohji

Ohji Well-Known Member

Actually, I quite enjoyed the title. We probably have younger people running around though. :/

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

master system emu also, snes works fine (I have every snes rom working) nes only loads SMB so far as ive found.

8. chaseguitar

chaseguitar Active Member

^Really?? It's just the opposite for me.

Almost every NES rom works, but barely any SNES roms work very well.

9. Xerion

Xerion Active Member

Worst. Topic. Ever.

People should research before they ask stupid questions. ]':

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

which nes emu do you use? i used NesterDS but got sick of the rom insertion so switched to nesDS but all games except for SMB i just get a black screen.

11. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

All my nes games are working fine on my DS, but i can't get Chrono Trigger working with a SNES emu... :(

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It has been edited so it's no longer stupid, just for the record.

13. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

nesDS is the most amazing emulator I've ever seen! You can rewind "time". I've never seen something like that in any other emulator!

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ yeah ive had fun playing with that too :p

15. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Well it's great, because I can beat megaman 3 without using cheat codes!! ;D

16. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Ahh just a correction the DS can play GBA roms. You just need ram (slot 2 device.)