1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is there a way to get a Acekard 2 to run on a DSi XL?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BL4CKB34RD, Jun 7, 2010.

1. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

Yeah. I made the dumbass mistake of trading in my DS for a DSi XL with out considering whether my Acekard 2 version 2.1 could run on it. Answer: it cant.

Is anyone aware of a patch or firmware fix that can make my Acekard 2 work on the DSi XL? I know it's a shot in the dark, but it's worth a shot. And While I'm on the topic, Which flashcards work on DSi XL?

Thanks.

2. Psi_Ground

Psi_Ground Well-Known Member

No, you need a Acekard 2i.

3. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

No it is not possible in any way to make a 2.1 work on a DSi. the AK2i has different hardware which allows it to be detected on the DSi.

The current DSi cards are as follows

-Acekard 2i (1.4 fix needed)
    - Supercard DSONEi (1.4 fix needed)
    - Supercard DSTWO
    - EZ Flash Vi (1.4 fix I believe needed, never had this cart)

If you want to use an ak2i you will need to either find a online shop that updates it for you to 1.4 compatibility, or have a DSLite/Phat to do it yourself.
    -

There are others like the iEDGE, M3i, R4i, DSTTi, but those are all not worth it.

4. BL4CKB34RD

Does R4i Gold work on DSi XL?

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

Get the Acekard2i or the Supercard DSTwo. If you don't care about GBA emulation, just get the Acekard2i.

6. BL4CKB34RD

Why should R4i be avoided? Just curious. I see a lot of good deals on them. As long as whatever I get compares to the functionality of my AceKard 2, I don't really care what it is.

7. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Just because all current r4i r4 SDHC is a clone .

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It is a poor cart overall. The Acekard2i is superior in almost every way, as is the SCDS2. It isn't so much that the R4i Gold is bad, it is just one of the low end carts that doesn't have support as good as other carts.