1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is there a way to connect my ds to my computer without having to use a USB?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anthony001, Feb 23, 2009.

1. anthony001

anthony001 Member

cuz im getting tired of putting my r4 on my USB and connecting to my computer, its because i have to safely unplug my USB everytime i did it for safety purposes

thanks

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I had a wireless server set up on my PC to serve PSP and PSX games wirelessly to my PSP, though I dont know if DS is capable of the same sort of thing.

Also its really not that much hassle, I mean come on your getting free* games, having to plug a microSD into the PC doesnt seem to worry anyone else.

* The term 'free' is used in respect that you do not have to purchase the games from romulation.net. We encourage users to use our ROMs for demo purposes and purchase the original game cart of their liking.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, there is no alternative method.

4. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

You're looking for wireless. With the DS it is probably impossible unless you have you own modded operating system on their because the DS' OS is too restrictive and doesn't have the capabilities to recieve then store the games onto a removable media, in this case your microsd. It's easier to download them and do it this way anyway, just imagine the transfer rate of the DS. Oh and Almo, that's great, i wish i knew about these sort of PSP hack's when i was younger because i would have saved around £150 :'(

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Possible with DSWifi (only for homebrew however).

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The DS-Xtreme allows you to connect your computer directly to the flashcart via USB cable. You will still need to safely remove the drive, which is honestly not a big deal.

7. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

wow dude really?
    someone else did all the hard work for you i meen someone had to design and mass produce your R4
    then someone went to the trouble to make a dump of a game
    and romulation gives you easy access to the rom and and spoon feeds you the way of getting it from one place to another and all you have to do is plug something in...
    just put in the effort its not too big a deal

PS sorry if this is considered flaming