1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is there a Heart Gold / Soul Silver anti-piracy patch thats not translated?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ulrickai, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ulrickai

ulrickai Member

I posted something similar to this post but for some reason the thread is locked and the only reply was a link that didn't give me much use so I'll ask again (sorry if this for some reason annoys someone for re posting this)

I'm trying to find a patch that fixes the anti-piracy in the game and I was hoping it isn't a translated game. I tried looking for one earlier but they all have English translations in them and I don't really want that. Oh and I use an R4 SDHC, I'm hoping it would work on it. Thank you to anyone that help :)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I can only suggest downloading the rom from romU as normal and patching the anti-piracy yourself.

99% of user's would prefer english-but if you want to try a few search terms you might find the earlier attempts at the anti piracy patch without translation already here somewhere...

As for the locked topic...maybe it was in rom request section-they don't like nds request.

3. ulrickai

ulrickai Member

How Do you apply the patch it exactly?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't really know-there was a few topics about it-it might be in the sticky in this section.

I don't know to be honest-I'm waiting for the english version to actually buy it XD

5. ulrickai

ulrickai Member

Oh ok, thanks men.

-sigh- only around 3 - 5 months left...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...

I looked at the locked topic-it looked as if he might have locked it quickly...

You DON'T want the patch-yet the link that he posted was to the english patched one...

I might give it a shot (locating it) seeing as I have nothing much to do-but stand by...incase other's know :)
    Post Merge: [time]1256825181[/time]
    This is a patch-but it's an older anti black screen patch-no idea if it's safe to even use.

Get the rom and this.

I'll be able to help you out-if it's an ips patch should be easy :)

7. ulrickai

ulrickai Member

Hmm, I can't seem to use it, it gives some sort of message but since its in hiragana format.
    Whats an ips patch? (sorry if I sound like a total noob)

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought you wanted the game not translated?

If that comes up-the whole game might be in that language...

Might be a sav error message..

An ips patch is a file with the extention "ips".

Easy to patch-find program and join the 2 :)

9. ulrickai

ulrickai Member

Actually the game is in katakana format so ya... Well other then that thanks men, I'll try it out now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.