1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is the Dsi Made Cheap?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Girate, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Girate

Girate Guest

My Friend has used a dsi and he said to never get a dsi its really cheap looking and he said it feels really lite and cheap. He said if you were to get a new ds you should still stay with the dslite.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Dude, you really need to start using the search feature before posting new topics there are tons of simular topics on the DSi that you could have asked this question in.

But since I've already started, in my personal opinion I wouldn't have a DSi seeing for one as I already own a DS Lite and so far there has not been one thing that would justify me buying the DSi, its pretty much the same thing just with a damn camera, and they removed the GBA slot which I really did not like oh and downloadable games....yadda yadda nothing worth a damn as far as I can see.

Now as for the quality of the DSi I have no clue but I am sure the "lightness" is because of not having the GBA slot compared to the Lite, but I haven't seen or read about the DSi being cheaply made, or any Nintendo product for that matter.

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

That's one of the few good things I can now say about Nintendo. Their hardware is always very well designed, and robust. Pity you can't say the same for their software any more...

4. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

It most certainly is not cheaply-built. The buttons are clicky and responsive, the screens are nice and bright, the read speed of the SD slot is very fast and I don't think I could snap the thing unless I really wanted to.

5. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

It does feel frail and seem cheap, but trust me when I say it's not.

6. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

I got a DSi when my Lite broke, which was the only circumstances under which I would have gotten one. It feels much more solid than my lite did and the buttons and screen all seem very well constructed to me.

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

most if not all Nintendo systems are quality products...if you were look up nintendo in the Urban Dictionary, you would see that all of their systems are made from a mysterious mineral known only as Nintendonite.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ever heard the story on a gbc dropped in a toilet-WITHOUT A GAME INSERTED!

Like a moist computer-after a dry out-it worked fine XD

I don't know why I'm posting to a topic made by a band user XD

ON topic-I heard a story about the dsi's camera in australia being "rushed"-it mearly broke after a few weeks...

If anyone has had a camera failure-let me know-it's new news to me :)

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

hmm, hadn't noticed he was banned...
    anyways...
    if it were to lose it's camera, it wouldn't have any reason to have the i in its name anymore

10. jaspieleung

jaspieleung Active Member

Agreed.....I swore that I would never get the DSi when it was release ~ That wasn't the case when my DS Lite of 4 years finally died/broke ~

You're not serious right ~ I live in Australia ~

Oh....thread revived :p ~

Jaspie ~