1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is the download slower or is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anthonypopo, Nov 27, 2009.

1. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

is it just me or did the download speed for romualation going slower? i used to download at around 100 kb now it's 85kb max

2. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Are you capped? :p

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

That's a pretty negligible difference. The download cap for normal (non-premium) members is 250 KB/s, and I'm downloading the test download on the premium info page at 2.2 MB/s, so it can't be on our side.

And also, Internet speed is not always consistent. If you're using a cable modem, if lots of people in your area are downloading a lot of stuff, your speed can be slower. Also, your ISP may be throttling your connection if you've reached a download cap.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

nope. i can still download at my bustling 200 kb/s.......

5. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

91 kbps is my maximum speed...the normal is 60kbps...

6. Syrex

Syrex Member

Odd... If that cap is 250 for non-premium then I should download faster than 80kb/sec

My connection speed is 270mbps.

7. shinsengumi-0

shinsengumi-0 Active Member

maybe the problem at your connection?

[​IMG]

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I doubt that.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Er no it's not... go to speedtest.net and find out your actual connection speed.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I wish I had a 270mbps connection.
    [​IMG]

Charter only offers up to 10mbps. But I haven't upgraded to it yet, only have a 5mbps connection. Yet it goes faster because they recently added a "download boost" which lets me go up to about 13-14mbps for the first 15-20 seconds. Probably for things like streaming HD movies and such to give it a head start.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

In WI they offer 20mbps. Comcast also do the download boost thing, but they deny it. The reason for their doing it is to disguise their throttling of people's connections, 10 seconds at a higher speed is enough to throw off a speed test, so people think they're getting the speed they are paying for when they do a speed test, but in reality they get less most of the time.

12. Syrex

Syrex Member

I looked at my router settings, not my speed test -_- /fail @ me.

I downloaded at 20mbps