1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is The Acekard 2i A Fake?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheFreakinDuck, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

So I just got an Acekard 2i and stuck my MicroSD with some up to date firmware (AKIKO v4) and I'm getting an error message saying something about an error occured. The same error message you'll get if you try to stick an Acekard 2 into a DSi.

So my question of the week is this: Is the Acekard 2i a legitimate Flash Cart or is it just a fake that only works with the DS and DS Lite as an attempt to sucker money out of us, the consumers?

I'm working on experimentation to try and make the flash cart work but no luck yet. So if anyone knows what I did wrong or am missing please tell me. Or if someone can confirm my suspicions about it being a fake please tell me so I can contact DealExtreme and request a full refund.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its a real cart, it just needs to be updated on a non-1.4 DSi or a DS before it will work on a 1.4 DSi.

3. TheFreakinDuck

How do I go about doing that? I just put the most recent firmware on and it's still refusing to load the system.

(Update: The Acekard 2i works PERFECTLY on my DS Lite but for some reason it's not working on the DSi. I got my DSi on the day of the release so I guess I need a walkthrough or tutorial on how to make it work on my DSi)

4. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

5. TheFreakinDuck

Thank you very much Sora :3

6. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

Np Just follow the steps, and you'll be fine. ^_^

7. TheFreakinDuck

I read some of the Youtube comments. According to the people if my DSi v1.4 before I get the Flash Cart I can't ever make it compatible with my DSi.

Looks like I was dumb enough to waste 13 dollars on a product I'll never be able to use. (One of the hinges on my DS Lite is busted and causes the system to freeze if I set the DS Lite down or try to put it to sleep. It's pracitcally falling apart) >_>

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You just need to update it on your DS Lite, then it will work on your DSi.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AceKard_2i_firmware_v1.4.zip
    Run the version of the update for the DS Lite on your DS Lite. Then your Acekard 2i will work on your DSi.

The DSi firmware 1.4 blocks all flashcarts unless you run a 1.4 update for the flashcart (not all flashcarts have the update, but the Acekard2i does).

The video explains how to make it work, if you'd watch it rather than just relying on the morons that post comments on Youtube :)

9. TheFreakinDuck

I grabbed a different firmware then what you gave me just now. Maybe that's what went wrong. Once again many thanks to you all.

10. TirithRR

That file is not a firmware. It is an update. Notice how in the video they run the update file?
    You still need firmware. And your Acekard2i will NOT run on the DSi until it is updated.

Put what ever firmware for the Acekard2i you want, like the AKAIO 1.5 firmware.
    Put the update file on your MicroSD (It is an NDS File).
    Boot up the Acekard on your DS Lite. Run the Update file.
    Your Acekard will update, and will be compatible with the DSi 1.4 firmware.
    You can now put your Acekard in your DSi and it will work correctly.

11. TheFreakinDuck

All the DS Lite does it ask me to do Slot 1 or Slot 2 and then loads the proper menu. I'm looking for where the option to run the update file is as we speak.

Update: I found the update files but accidentally canceled. The update is now starting as we speak. My final question is this: Will Genesis DS and Apprentice Minus DS work on the Acekard 2i or strictly the Acekard 2?

12. TirithRR

You run the update like you would a game.

The update is an NDS file, like I said. And if you watched that video, you'll notice he goes to his Games and Homebrew menu and selects the Update file, and runs the update.

13. TheFreakinDuck

Well I got it all up and running. So my final struggle is to get my Cheat DB to work. It's been acting up ever since I completed the update >_>

14. TirithRR

Backup your games and saves, format your MicroSD, install the latest firmware, and the latest cheats database for your card from cheats.gbatemp.net

And don't worry, formatting your card won't remove the DSi update from your Acekard2i. That was a change to the internal Acekard loader, the part that is stored inside the Acekard and not on the MicroSD.

15. TheFreakinDuck

I already put the latest firmware on and kept the files on the my computer so I guess all I have left to do is grab the new database and reformat

Update: The cheat database is still not loading even though I grabbed the latest one. Maybe I looked in the wrong section of the website?

16. llopez029

llopez029 Active Member

Hello. I just got an Acekard 2i today.It's not working at all! I am getting "An error has occured..." message every time. I tried many firmwares and its not working on the DS Lite either...I would love to hear some good advice about what i should do! Thank you.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Advice!! read the entire thread and then do what it says!!

use akaio...get it from the acekard homepage on the downloads tab!!

then you will be set! and update the loaders too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.