1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is selling exam study notes a bad thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garychencool, Jan 24, 2011.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Is selling exam study notes a bad thing? : :p

Just asking because I made a 30 page long business exam study guide which has everything and I'm selling it for $5 cdn. each and it's a hard copy (as in it's printed on paper)

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You must know it's bad if you had to ask someone else if it's bad.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it doesn't contain the answers/questions from current exams then I would say no. Notes are important for revision and if yours are comprehensive enough that they can help others revise then I see nothing wrong with it.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If the exam note is for an upcoming exam than that'd be considered criminal. If it's for an exam that took place previously as in a term ago, or for one a year ago then that's fine.

At my Uni, a copy of the previous Semestral exam & others from years back are offered to students by colleges per se to serve as sample exams which you can use to review for an upcoming exam. Although questions to an upcoming exams will be definitely different, there is still a 10% probability that a question that was in last term's (or last year's, or even last decade's) exam might turn up in your upcoming exam & if you're lucky you can at least get one question answered correctly :)

5. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Well, I don't know, if you'd think of this...

...but if you publish those notes you took under all the writing, editing, copyrighting process...

...then no it would not be soooo BAD!

6. garychencool

The word has spread and a few people has said that it's "wrong" to profit from my knoledge, time to make the notes.

Wow...
    Post Merge: [time]1295894697[/time]
    It is a compiled package of notes and information in my own words which contains some examples from sheets and stuff given from the teacher. It has nothing from the exam in a few days or from years ago.
    Post Merge: [time]1295894770[/time]
    i Doubt it that the exam hsas changed through out the years besides updating it for currect software.

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

you should be ashamed...
    who cares just do it, unethical, but woth the extra bucks...
    i do that with software, movies and what not, and recently answer keys for math...

8. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

This.

9. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Member

Just don't publish it on the web. So long as you're handing out copies to classmates I dont think it's a problem.

Besides, usually your prof/teacher ENCOURAGES you to get notes from your classmates if you've missed, right? Or you could just say that you all were studying together or whatever.

Earn that extra money bro.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...must we make more idiots in this world?

Honestly, piracy is different to something that affects human intelligence.

11. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Nah man. Go for it, make that money... I salute you for being capable of making money out of work.

12. garychencool

Update: well I sold like 10 copies which totaled 50 bucks! Still waiting for a few people to pay for the 30 pages of notes and I guess that this will continue for the next exam! Finally, making some more money! :p

A few people still oppose of what I am doing XP

Thank you RomU peeps for helping me on this matter!

13. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

If you spent your own hard time compiling these notes then yes they should be sold to the lazyness rich kids :)

14. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Jack the price up to $10 a pop, blame it on the economy, and get even more monies!!!!!!!!1!!

15. garychencool

I don't think that they would pay THAT much for it :p