1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Pokemon games just for kids?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by fantasy252, Apr 4, 2010.

1. fantasy252

fantasy252 Well-Known Member

HI,
    I hear so much about these pokemon games,i have tried them.There fun but i was wondering if its just kids who play them?As i am an adult.I love to play rpg`s.awaiting some feedback.
    thanks.

;D

2. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

well not necessarily but it has a child difficultly level thats for sure i mean i play the newest one but its not really challenging

3. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

it's technically e for "EVERYONE"

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

im 31 and i play them.

5. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

for everyone

6. nation

nation Active Member

You would be surprised by the amount of people outside of "Kids" who enjoy Pokemon ;)

7. fantasy252

Wow!thanks so much for the great replys.looks likei am gonna redownload it.thanks again ;D

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I find that the metagame is full of adults, not 8 year olds, which is a nice change of pace...

9. nicohoot2007

nicohoot2007 Active Member

Who says yes? my father is 39 years old and still likes to play pokemon yellow,he beated the game for 4 times. :) i forgot his team.

10. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

For the kids at heart.

11. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

First off, we should look at why people play games...
    Games as time killers - Pokémon is excellent at this.
    A fan/collector (dedicated or not) - If a person has/had a Nintendo handheld, there's a good chance that they played at least one Pokémon game.
    Competitive drive - Tons of people (Myself included) has this reason for playing the game.
    Just for the heck of it
    A child at heart

Plus all other reasons that I can't think of.

Technically speaking... The game's aimed for kids, so it is a kids' game...
    But statistically, older individuals have plenty of reason to get the game as well.
    Hmm... Where would series like Pokémon, Harvest Moon and Monster rancher be without adults who still think like kids?

12. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

games are art

13. fantasy252

thanks again for all the great replys.

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

fill the pokedex isn't a kids job.

Definitely lol....

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm 19 and I still play them.

I saw a lady playing it on her DS the other day. :)
    She was the same age as myself I believe.

16. Mahouko

Mahouko Member

21 here and i play them like crazy ;D even my mom likes them :p. Even if your not into the animé series or anything they still are alot off fun

17. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

22 here, and every time there's a Pokémon game coming out, I can't wait to play it!

18. neoblu

neoblu New Member

hi i have 19 and this is very nice rpg for all ages

19. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

23 years old and I still play Pokemon. I don't play it as religiously as I used to, but it's still pretty fun. I kinda wish I could find a good store to sell off my collection of Pokemon cards, though. The folder's gathering dust in my closet, and I've got some pretty rare ones, too.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I was actually trying to bank on getting some value out of those cards, but whaddya know, I checked a few years ago and they were still selling the original, jungle and fossil ones. It kinda pissed me off. It's like they don't want my collection to go up in value. I've had these cards since I was 8 or 9.