1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is my r4 dieing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shrekwilliam, Jan 21, 2011.

1. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

hey i had my r4 about a year or half a year and its orginal and it works and all but like a few months ago it only came on if i blow in it and ds and now it wont even come on if i blow into it and my ds it just comes up as ds normal screen is it wearing out or summit i love it to bits but now... also i was wondering does dstt take wood r4 and 2gb (orgianal i think)(cus i might buy one) plz help

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

hey well i think your r4 may be dieing but ttds is a really good card you can get a ttdsi for about $12 au i own 3 (one is broken)
    it doesnt support wood but there is a ysmenu that is being constantly updated which you can find in the flash cart help section
    im not sure but and acecard2i is a much better card ( supposedly) and only a little bit more expensive

3. shrekwilliam

:( ok :( after all the stuff i made for my wood but my dad is paying for a second hand dstt for 7.99 £ but its almost brand new just hope my r4 will work if anyone can fix it and once i might get dstt il proberly be happy :(

4. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

you should get a ttdsi or dstti they arent much more and work with the dsi and xl
    just look around b4 you buy it

5. shrekwilliam

ok but i aint got a dsi i got ds light

6. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

u never know and its worth it the price of all dsi's is going to drop my heaps once the 3ds is out
    Post Merge: [time]1295654820[/time]
    *by

7. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

If you get a new one go with supercard dstwo.

8. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You won't get wood on your dstt and it does sound like your r4 is broke. Just install YSMenu on it and you should be able to play most games with rgf releasing updates quickly but if major release are near each other they can around 2 weeks

Plus I thought it was only Acekard2i and SCDS2 that worked on dsi's

9. shrekwilliam

kk ty il get it soon just hope i can survive that long lol

10. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

there are heaps of cards that work on dsi's basicaly any card wich has an i on the end will more than likely support dsi firmware 1.2
    i think

11. shrekwilliam

hey got my ttds but... ttmenu is kinda cool but got lots of errors and super scribblenuats freezes when playing at certain points :( but is their anything else thatll work or is it the version i have please help i got one from the retrogamingpack or summit someone posted on here

12. lewis9191

What version you got. The latest is v6.48

13. shrekwilliam

i dont actually know i think its that or summit also in corner of the thing it says 1.17a12 :p maybe yes

14. lewis9191

Put your sd card in the computer and look that if needed. Just update your firmware.
    Each games has to fixed and added to the files. So that is probably why you getting error-4