1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is my R4 Card broken or am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lotteexo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotteexo

lotteexo New Member

I got an R4 card for Nintendo DS on my birthday a few days ago and now I am trying to load games onto it. I have managed to put a few on there but the others I have put on create a save file and then on the loading screen the bar stops an eighth from the end and the game never loads. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way I can get round the problem. The basics of what i'm doing is downloading from Romulation then unzipping the files then dragging and dropping them onto the R4's memory card. If someone could help it would be much appreciated!

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Hmm, When I had my R4 I never had this problem. What games are working and which ones aren't? And what firmware do you have on your R4?

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You probably need to update your firmware.

4. slingshot182

5. lotteexo

lotteexo New Member

Im really new to this stuff so how do I update the firmware. The games that do this are lego Indiana Jones, most Mario games, The worms game and a lot more.

6. slingshot182

Well, some of those games I've heard have problems with R4s.(like worms)

I will try to find a tutorial on updating your firmware.(I did it so long ago I don't remember how :p)

This is how to put the official firmware.(might work for YSMenu to, don't know though)
    -Backup your MicroSD
    -Format your MircoSD

After downloading and decompressing the new updated files, there will be one shell folder and two files _DS_MENU.DAT、 _DS_MSHL.NDS.Copy these files to the root directory of TF card to replace the former files

Now, put your old games and other applications, like moonshell back on your card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.