1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is my DS dead.....forever?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by manjithxxx, Nov 24, 2010.

1. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

A few days back I was playing Ace attorney on my DS lite (on R4DS original). I turned to talk to my mother and bam, my DS just blacked out :'(. Not powering up,not responding. Please advise :-\.

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

did you try charging it?

3. tmtmac2

tmtmac2 Member

does the light turns on for a second and turns off/flickers and then off?

you could have a busted fuse.

try charging it, see if the light is on. if that's good, then that's still fixable. (either way if it doesn't charge/charge light turns off as you plug the charger cord) that's also fixable.

you need to bridge or solder together the fuse.
    ie, F1, F2, just look for guides on the net as posting a guide here makes it redundant.
    there should be plenty.

if you have some soldering experience, (or not) you should be able to fix it in less than 30 minutes.
    the tricky part is disassembling the DS itself.

any questions, ask here, or search, guides should be up when you google em :)

Cheers and let us know what happened.

4. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Hmm.It's PROPABLY the flat cable.You could try opening it yourself and fix it [bad idea],or you could try asking someone who knows how to do the job [good idea].

5. tmtmac2

tmtmac2 Member

^ that alse causes it, from my experience (I've fixed a lot of DS Lites)
    if you have a multimeter, check the fuses if they are working, just google for ds lite fuse, it should come up.

best to send it to a service center, as changing the top screen (flex cables is in one piece with the top screen) is very tedious.

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Give Nintendo a call. Don't say you used a flashcart if they ask you.

7. Lukinator007

Lukinator007 Well-Known Member

xDD

8. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

I tried charging it. The orange light is on but no matter how much I charge it, it just doesn't turn on. I read somewhere if you charge your battery too much it just stops working. If i could confirm the problem lies within the battery then all i need to do is to change it. So.............how do I check my battery is still working? :D

9. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Open the bottom casing, take out your battery, and test it using a voltmeter/ampermeter/multimeter. See if the meter still respond properly. If not, could be your battery is leaking from maybe over-charging time. If its leaking, best take it out and not keep it there, could cause even worst damage. Just replace it with a replacement pack. Unlikely it has anything to do with the LCD in your case, if its the LCD, the battery LED should be green. Read the manual for better understanding what those different color LED meant. And usually the shop where you bought it sells these spare components.