1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it Time?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by trimbletown, Mar 19, 2010.

1. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

For many years I have been strongly opposed to anime (don't ask, I don't even know) and now I'm wondering: is it time to bring down my anti-J walls? And by that I mean stop hating it. I ain't going to become an anime nut any time soon.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Sure, why not

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

yeah watch all the full metal panic's they got me into it

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

You can let the 11 walls down, but keep the Zerg walls up (Zerg = Korean for those of us a bit slower than everyone else)

5. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Don't tell me that you're another one of those guys opposed to anime just because a great number of people like that stuff, right? Yes, 99% of everything is crud, but really? Whatever, humans will be humans.

Ghost in the Shell. Watch it. Unless you're having an existential meltdown at the moment.

6. amuletneko

amuletneko Well-Known Member

7. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

sure there are some great shows out there.

8. Dess

Dess Member

Meh, give it a chance find a few with good stories (Last Exile, Paprika, Gurren Lagann) and give them a shot. Just for the love that is all that is eldritch don't get carried away or let your friends know. If you let your friends know you will never live it down, and if you get carried away then you will become no better then the seething mass of weeaboos that is this board (that is a VERY bad thing).

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That is one of the greatest series/movies ever created.
    I fell in love with the series and have some of the movies.

Eureka Seven is another excellent anime.

10. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

*man tear* the ending man, the ending....

11. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Ghibli movies. Princess Mononoke...

Well, watch everything except for Earthsea. Apparently Miyazaki's son sucks at directing movies.

Don't forget the English voice-overs almost always suck like hell. It's like they picked these guys off the street! But I really did enjoy Howl's Moving Castle, though.