1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to update DSi software without Wi-Fi?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MarcoAssia, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

The question is simple: Is it possible to update DSi software without Wi-Fi? I have 1.3E, I know there is a version 1.4, but I haven't a router so I haven't Wi-Fi. Can I update DSi sfotware with a flashcard or a SD card?
    I have an AceKard 2i flashcard.
    Do you suggesto to make update? Because I know that some flashcards have problems after the update.

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Before updating, read this: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21995.0
    You need to do this before updating to 1.4E for the AK2i.

I think it is only possible using wifi, or DSi enhanced games (I don't know any). If you don't have wifi, just go to the local McDonald's, a mall, or some libraries have wifi.

3. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

So I have simply to update AceKard firmware. I have updated yet, but I use AKAIO with also official AceKard menu loader.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Update AKAIO to 1.5.1. Then follow the guide that I posted above. THEN you can update your DSi firmware.

5. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

thanks man!!! Another thing. I have formatted DSi, and saved Dr. Mario, the Nintendo DSi browser and Wario Ware Snapped! on an SD card, but now I can't copy back these 3 games/programs on my DSi. How can I do?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You have to re-download them.

It's free by the way.

7. MarcoAssia

MarcoAssia Member

I make it, now appear Danny Phantom logo, is it done?

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yes, it's done. You can now update your DSi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.