1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to play the emulators with a different controller?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sonyuser333, Jul 29, 2009.

1. sonyuser333

sonyuser333 Active Member

I just bought a PSX/N64 to PC adapter online and I know they'll work for PSX/N64 emulators (well I hope lol) but I'd also like to play the Nintendo DS, Dreamcast, and SNES using either the PSX or N64 controller. Is it possible? If so, how should I configure them so that its compatible? Or is there a program that does that?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if the emulator supports controllers, and the controller in question has enough buttons, then you should be able to configure them for other consoles.

3. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

i play all with my controller i dont know what type it is

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I have something similar called a "Gamemon Universal USB Convertor" takes PSX,PS2,XBOX,and Gamecube controllers and converts them to USB and I bought a cheap Gamecube controller that was actually made to use on the Wii for Gamecube games works great on just about every emulator I've thrown at it. Best $5.00 i've spent yet.

5. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

yea i have a usb controller its a genius brand........ and idk any other crap about it

6. sonyuser333

sonyuser333 Active Member

Alright great, I'll be trying out the PSX or N64 controller and see if that works out. Can't wait for my adapter to arrive. I was trying to look for stores that sold them locally in the U.S. but I couldn't think of any.. not even the old game stores. Then someone mentioned Radioshack but it was already too late. Oh well.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I kinda want my PS3 controller to work my ePSXe...
    I can't even get the damn thing to say SIXAXIS when I plug it in anymore...